Swifthawks, Pew Pew!

Cinncinnatus

Ok, so with the leak of the Guardians of the Dawnspire battalion, I've got a new list.

Battalion                          40 

Archmage on Dragon      360 

Warden                            220 

15 Reavers                      480       Battleline

10 Spireguard                  120       Battleline

10 Swordmasters             200 

5 Reavers                        160       Battleline

1 Skywarden                    160

1 Chariot                           80

1980 points

Idea is to use the new battalion ability to let the big unit of Reavers get off two rounds of shooting a turn. Thought about maxing them out, but can't do that AND have the Archmage on Dragon. Thought that was a fair trade off for some mortal wounds output and the ability to unbind two spells a turn.

Gives Archmage and Swordmasters Swifthawk Agents keyword, and High Warden can pick one unit in the hero phase to either move (can't run with this move) OR shoot. So you can move twice or potentially shoot twice with this battalion. That's why there are 15 Reavers in the battalion choice. That's a potential of 90 Shots in one turn, 180 if you got the double turn.

PEW PEW!

Another take:

Battalion                          40 

Archmage                       120 

Warden                            220 

15 Reavers                      480       Battleline

10 Spireguard                  120       Battleline

10 Swordmasters             200 

5 Reavers                        160       Battleline

1 Chariot                           80

Shadow Warriors             200        Battleline

1940 points

This list would be better for Escalation with 10 drops. Plue, the Shadow Warriors can move 12 inches after set up is complete. Reaver block pushes up on one side, spireguard and other block on the other. Shadow Warriors take the center. Lots of shooting, should keep other enemy Battleline wary from moving on objectives early.

On 16/12/2016 at 7:59 PM, Cinncinnatus said:

This list would be better for Escalation with 10 drops. Plue, the Shadow Warriors can move 12 inches after set up is complete. Reaver block pushes up on one side, spireguard and other block on the other. Shadow Warriors take the center. Lots of shooting, should keep other enemy Battleline wary from moving on objectives early.

I came up with a list pretty similar to this. 

Warden                220
    Legendary fighter, Relic blade
Archmage on Steed        120
    Phoenix stone
1 Skywarden            160

15 Reavers            480
20 Spireguard            240
10 Shadow Warriors        200

10 Swordmasters            200 
2 Chariots            160

Guardians of the Dawnspire     40

It has to be said the High Warden is pretty damn nasty when given allegiance abilities.

5 hours ago, alasdair said:

I came up with a list pretty similar to this. 

Warden                220
    Legendary fighter, Relic blade
Archmage on Steed        120
    Phoenix stone

15 Reavers            480
20 Spireguard            240
10 Shadow Warriors        200

10 Swordmasters            200 
2 Chariots            160

Guardians of the Dawnspire     40

I'd break up the chariots into 2 separate units, that way if you played Escalation you'd be starting with 4 units. Also moving independently can let them more maneuverability.

There's not a lot of wiggle room at 1000pts as the formation at absolute minimum comes in at 860pts. This leaves you with 140pts which I would put into boosting the ranks of the Spireguard unit.

Alternively, you could add a Skycutter chariot with the Bolt-thrower but that's about it.

If you can go to 1020 points, boosting the unit of Reavers to 10 models would maximise the battalion's ability allowing you to shoot a potential 60 shots at 4+/4+

Leaders
High Warden (220)
Archmage (120)

Units
Swordmasters x 10 (200)
Spireguard x 10 (120)
Reavers x 10 (320)

Behemoths

War Machines

Battalions

Scenery

Total: 980/1000

Hope this helps!!

I wouldn't even bother with the battalion at 1000 points. Probably wouldn't bother with the High Warden either. Just take the savings on those other elements and throw them into a Skywarden, some Shadow Warriors, more Spireguard or Reavers. Swifthawks really need Skywardens to shine, as those to wound bonuses are key to making their high volume of shots effective.

You'd need to drop the Spireguard for another unit of Reavers to meet battleline requirements, as taking the Archmage outside of the battalion loses you the Swifthawk allegiance and thus battleline status for the Spireguard. 

Either that, or replace the Archmage with another Skywarden and sub the Swordmasters for another unit of Shadow Warriors.

Awesome tread. I have been messing around with Elves stuff myselves after the Spire of Dawn box came out. I really like the phoenix temple units. they seem a bit underpriced. Especially the phoenix guard with 4+/4++ and good damage output. Also easy to make immune to battleshock with a hero.

Thanks for all the insights, guys.

Seems like maybe the Battalion doesn't quite work at 1500 either.  Not sure what to fill in the last points with and if I have the punching power needed. 

Leaders
Archmage (120)
High Warden (220)
Skywarden (160)

Units
Swordmasters x 10 (200)
Spireguard x 10 (120)
Reavers x 5 (160)
Reavers x 5 (160)
Shadow Warriors x 10 (200)

Battalions
Guardians of the Dawnspire (40)