FEC against Thundertusk

Seas

30 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

I hope you are keeping with this ethos for the TITANS event mate ;)

Personally I see it as like taking Imperial Armour Chimeras in a Codex: Guard list for 40K. The IA Chimeras are in an older book and are 15pts cheaper with more options, so are clearly better.

Taking an older and newer profile and mushing the strengths of both together seems highly unsporting. Especially as I'd be referring to two separate books if a player quite rightly asks me to check the stats during a game.

2 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Personally I see it as like taking Imperial Armour Chimeras in a Codex: Guard list for 40K. The IA Chimeras are in an older book and are 15pts cheaper with more options, so are clearly better.

Taking an older and newer profile and mushing the strengths of both together seems highly unsporting. Especially as I'd be referring to two separate books if a player quite rightly asks me to check the stats during a game.

I probably should have read the previous stuff before assuming what your post was about haha, I read it as you would be playing fluffy. Dont mind me, just gonna skulk back off to my lurk hole.

If he doesn't bubble wrap his thunder tusks a ghoul king on terrorgheist with red fury and the cloak of mist and shadow should be able to cripple/kill one of them turn 1. Once that happens he might over commit to the king and let you slide up the field unchallenged until it's too late to stop you.

On 22/12/2016 at 10:00 AM, CoffeeGrunt said:

It's against the spirit of fair play to pick and choose the strongest options though, so I'm not doing it.

I don't find the Death TG stronger, it can be summoned, simply that. 

Anyway they are still valud so why don't use them if you want?

On 23/12/2016 at 0:09 PM, CoffeeGrunt said:

Ah wait, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant you should take the rules for both Terrorgheists and mix them together.

Ah,nono^^ avoslutely not. Really a misunderstanding if you understood it. You can play both, surely, but not mix the rules. You define wihich model represent which warscroll and that model use that warscroll. No mixing rules^^

On 07/12/2016 at 3:22 PM, wayniac said:

I have not had the "fortune" of playing Beastclaws, but I would think that the best approach is to play for the scenario. 

I play Beastclaw and can confirm that, rightly or wrongly, the best strategy for success is to revise your plans away from how to win engagement and focus entirely on on point acquisition and denial, even if it means throwing bodies at the ogors to bog them down. Trying to win at killing them is usually a poor decision.  

EDIT also, I really dislike thunder tusks.  They're dull to play and dull to face. If I had my time over I'd build the one I made as another stonehorn.  That's what it is usually played as anyway! 

Archived