Replacement Gruntas

Gorkamorka is scottish

4 hours ago, Gorkamorka is scottish said:

I've tried this in the past, the only problem is 9/10 the bits im looking for are sold out :S
I will try though i am determined to assemble this army and have it as unique as possible, every model with personality. 

I have mentioned in another post that i have fleeting fancies and not a lot of time to commit to my hobby so i hope if i throw myself into this project 110% I will stick at it.

Thats probably why i will be a regular here popping up every so often with annoying questions and threads.

Annoying questions are a hobbyists bread and butter fella, If its hobby related we will all flock to it like flies to ****! 

I also find I can be fleeting at times, mostly as I will sit and soak up all the information I can until theres almost nothing left to learn about and then I burn out and want another army to fixate on. Luckily I have managed to curtail that this time and im focusing on getting an army done for my first tournament. Doing a blog is a great way to stay on track and enthusiastic as you feel you have to put out updates for people who read it. If you decide to do that I will be more than happy to watch and keep you motivated.

Keep up the good Waaaagghhhh-k! (read as 'good work' fer pale skin humies)

thanks for the support man! really appreciated and also comforting to hear someone does the exact same thing i do. When i take an interest in a new army i research  it to the point of obsession lol. 

A blog is something i've had in mind for a long time so i will defo take this advice.
If you have one yourself please link it and i will be sure to follow.

13 minutes ago, Gorkamorka is scottish said:

thanks for the support man! really appreciated and also comforting to hear someone does the exact same thing i do. When i take an interest in a new army i research  it to the point of obsession lol. 

A blog is something i've had in mind for a long time so i will defo take this advice.
If you have one yourself please link it and i will be sure to follow.

Mine is in my signature at the bottom of my posts :) 

I find them useful to self motivate as you are effectively summarising what you have done. If you feel its not enough hobby wise you start to feel guilty haha!

I have a progress log here as well. I update it once a week (or try) regardless of how little I have done. It helps me see my own progress and set my goals for the week, which, once written down, puts a bit of pressure on me to succeed. Something I usually only have when an event is looming.

It's also nice to hear the encouragement others give you as well as advice to take you painting to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I totally agree with the other guys. I am a rather slow painter as I have a bit of a perfectionist bug and I guess I am just not too proficient yet to speed up (I also killed my favourite brush and now I hate using synthetic fibres). A blog, even just an update thread helps. I need to get on it and give you guys more love :P

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:01 PM, LortOlle said:

That might be overkill :)

Though 6 units of gore-gruntas and a Gordrakk

Would be a stupid but fast army. You only have points for one gorefist though so you have to pull them into at least one unit of 6. 

Then you can use the last points for a warchanter but that will slow the army down so I'd just leave the last 100 points for the underdog bonus.

You should take that to a tournament :)

I'm considering taking 3x 6 to a tournament at some point. However building them will take long enough, let alone painting them so who knows when that would ever be. Need to get back into painting in 2017 as my pile of grey is building.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:36 PM, Anaticula said:

I have been painting three GGs for the last four weeks now and I am so fed up with them. Honestly, they were a pain to paint, but now they are done and I am quite happy. Great models imho

Agreed. The 3 I've painted took me absolutely ages :S 

On 05/12/2016 at 3:48 AM, Furious said:

I've noticed this. It bums me out, and is a reason why I avoid Ironjaws. Once you have five brutes, you've pretty much exhausted the pose options. And don't get me started on the megaboss. Fielding two of them looks super ridiculous.

You could buy a whole mawcrusha for the alternative megaboss haha.

15 hours ago, Riavan said:

You could buy a whole mawcrusha for the alternative megaboss haha.

I was going to try and use the slaughterpriest model with a head swap and other orruk watsits to make an unarmored warboss but a recent size comparison thread i put up has thrown that idea out the window. I didnt realize just how much chunkier orruks where.

Its not deterred me though i just need to think bigger. 
Don't restrict yourself to the orruk range. If any of you guys have had similar ideas let me know, maybe we can inspire one another.

3 hours ago, Gorkamorka is scottish said:

I was going to try and use the slaughterpriest model with a head swap and other orruk watsits to make an unarmored warboss but a recent size comparison thread i put up has thrown that idea out the window. I didnt realize just how much chunkier orruks where.

Its not deterred me though i just need to think bigger. 
Don't restrict yourself to the orruk range. If any of you guys have had similar ideas let me know, maybe we can inspire one another.

Maybe ogres with a different head. Ive seen a few orc ogre conversions that look decent.

Alternative. I'm not sure how big the orc is from the forge world command. Maybe he could be used?

Lastly. I saw in the last white dwarf the guy making the ironjawz army used some parts from the brutes or the pigs to give him a different arm and weapon. There's also a bunch of different shoulder skulls in the kits you can use. Maybe you could somehow change the faces/helms with the brutes. I think it would be a lot of work though.

Archived