• Nagash (General) 900
  • Tomb Herald (Ring of Derp) 100
  • Coven Throne (260)
  • 6 Necropolis Knights 320
  • 3 Ushabti (Bows) 120
  • 3 Skeleton Chariots 140
  • 10 Zombros 60
  • 10 Zombros 60

It doesn't involve summoning, it's all about maxing out his pool of 8 spells to restore models to the other units. It can kerbstomp armies that cannot focus fire very well (Khorne Bloodbound, Ironjawz), since provided the unit doesn't die outright, you can get 3 Snake Surfers back reliably.

The Coven Throne's reroll of an initiative dice and its Beguile spell cast by Nagash is jolly - better than 50% chance of totally crippling an enemy (melee) Deathstar (even if bravery 10), with a reroll - you Beguile a target then Nagash charges it. It retreats having been smacked (even with a double turn it still cannot attack Nagash), Nagash casts Beguile again - etc..

Compendium unit risk if you were to buy and build this army.

I posted my suggestion here:

I like Kemmler for being able to heal multi-wound models (Nagash included), while I agree the Coven Throne is nice I'd rather squeeze in a Sphinx, since it's one more model that gives Nagash an extra spell he can use.

Alternatively you could drop Kemmler, upgrade to a Royal Sphinx, who could then carry an artefact (personally I'd go Tomb Blade over ring, but whatever), maybe throw in a corpse cart for the casting bonus?

It's really hard to make Nagash viable in 2000pts, though, tbh.

best i figured is a really simple list but seemed devastating.. pending he dosent just get ****** snipped..

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (900)

Units
Morghast Harbingers x 2 (240)
Zombies x 20 (120)
Zombies x 20 (120)
Zombies x 20 (120)

Behemoths

War Machines

Battalions

Scenery

Total: 1980/2000

4 hours ago, WSDdeloach said:

best i figured is a really simple list but seemed devastating.. pending he dosent just get ****** snipped..

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (900)

Units
Zombies x 20 (120)
Zombies x 20 (120)
Zombies x 20 (120)

Behemoths

War Machines

Battalions

Scenery

Total: 1980/2000

Harbingers are battleline if you are taking deathlords so you may as well drop the zombies for another set of Harbingers or archai and keep 120 for summoning. 

Id probably take 2 sets and then summon everything else in, Nagash can potentially summon 8 units a turn including two sets of morghasts (they are different spells) but you may struggle to claim objectives with just Morghasts

Harbingers are fast and condense a lot of points into a small area, but I've never really felt that they were worth it. 20pts per wound with a 4+ save is pretty fragile, and 24pts per attack isn't great, even with rend -1 and damage 2.

If we're going down that route, I'd personally rather try and summon a couple of zombie dragons or terrorgheists.

2 hours ago, Squirrelmaster said:

Harbingers are fast and condense a lot of points into a small area, but I've never really felt that they were worth it. 20pts per wound with a 4+ save is pretty fragile, and 24pts per attack isn't great, even with rend -1 and damage 2.

If we're going down that route, I'd personally rather try and summon a couple of zombie dragons or terrorgheists.

Double mourngul :D 

Archived