2k clan skyryre compatetive??

mmimzie

Hey folks ive been shopping around for a new list, and really have been jumping around trying to figure out where i wanna go. 

I was wondering if you folks have any idea on how effect an all skyrye list could be. i really want something low model count because as i finish my 200 zombie horde i simply just refuse.... lol

Anywho here are my thoughts on a list but this is no way set in stone. 

Clan skyre battalion:

Arch-warlock

Gautfyre scortch

Warlocj engineer 

2x stormfiends

2x warpflame thrower

1x grinder 

Gauntfyre scortch

Warlock engineer 

1x stormfiends

2x warp flame thrower

1x grinder

Summoning 

1xbale wind vortex or 1x random daemon  hero or unit

This is an alpha strike list. i like that it has magic which is the coolist part of the game to. model count is very low, and the summoning seems nice either for objectives or proteching the arch warlock.

One thing i dont like is if i dont go first (though it all deploys in one drop) the arch warlock  is toast to some armies.

Also what artifact and command abilities seems cool? 

Lmao i meant to say stormfiends. Back when i played i had a small army of stormvermin so i tend to confuse them x.x.

Is the gas cloud choke cloud worth anything??? Those dudes look col and i'm a big sucker for robes. Honestly i've been goin down the app looking for models with roves <.<. 

1) Drop your Arch Warlock in deployment (Hide him good). Announce you're finished.

2) Let your opponent go first, so you can see where he moves his forces (hope he's not Destruction, and taking all the objectives first turn).

3) Pop up your rats on either side of his units, to force him to split his attention. Summon Balewind Vortex for Warlock. Fire all the things.

4) Hope and pray for the double turn.

5) Buy your opponent a beer.

1) Drop your Arch Warlock in deployment (Hide him good). Announce you're finished.

2) Let your opponent go first, so you can see where he moves his forces (hope he's not Destruction, and taking all the objectives first turn).

3) Pop up your rats on either side of his units, to force him to split his attention. Summon Balewind Vortex for Warlock. Fire all the things.

4) Hope and pray for the double turn.

5) Buy your opponent a beer.

You can do 5) immediately after 1) while your opponent is setting up.

Prepare to become a bored player and an alcoholic.

If you want low model count, then Sylvaneth, or high Dracoth Knight count Stormcast are much more interesting options.

24 minutes ago, Nico said:

You can do 5) immediately after 1) while your opponent is setting up.

Prepare to become a bored player and an alcoholic.

If you want low model count, then Sylvaneth, or high Dracoth Knight count Stormcast are much more interesting options.

Yer I agree with this, list looks no fun to play against. Skaven have so much more to their armies that are powerful, low model count but not OTT. 

I have played against these kinds of skryre lists and they are not fun to play against.  You will clean up most games with no effort at all and there are very few ways to counter this kind of thing for most factions without building a list specific to countering it.  Then there will be the few factions that will have a big advantage over this list.  Whichever way the match up is, the game will in most cases be quite clear who has it before the dice even come out. 

By all means go for it, the skaven models are really cool, but probably have a backup army because outside of tournaments you might have trouble finding people who will have much enthusiasm to play against these skryre lists.

Then again, that is just my experience and the people I play with, your experience may be very different.

There's also literally no point in doing practice games before an event with Skryre as your opponent will either bring a normal list and get globalled 90% of the time, or bring a list which is an autowin against it (whether by luck - 60 Plaguebearers backed by Plaguedrones and GUO - or design).

This is a very filthy list. I've a friend who plays skaven exclusively, and we've taken to building lists that are truly beastly and taking turns tabling each other. That's ok, as we both have come to expect it. It sure isn't fun for anyone else, so when I'm out at the shop, I bring marauders.

Stormvermin are a great option still. I've been using them with Tretch and Sayl in a Verminous Clawpack battalion and really putting the boot to people. It looks like a nice, fluffy Skaven list so people don't tend to freak out over too many Stormfiends...I don't even have them in my list. You've also got enough rats (Clan Rats) to play all the objective scenarios. The simple frame of the list is Sayl, Tretch, Verminous Clawpack. Make sure you take enough Clan Rats (At least 50, I suggest more). Then add whatever you like to flesh it out, I advise Warp Lightning Cannons.

Archived