Should ring of immortality cost reinforcement points?

TerrorPenguin

I think we need to consider the source of this before we proceed further. The originator of the Balewind crisis, a man by his own (unrepentant) admission who is too gamey for the Facehammer GT, in fact a man recently labelled by the Facehammer podcast as the current number one hobby villain. A man who has gone on record to inform us of his vendetta against the Death Grand Alliance. 

None other than the Dark Master of these very forums @Ben himself. 

I urge caution Brothers and sisters you delve into matters of such gaminess that they exist beyond the ken of common hobbyists. 

Turn back and embrace the narrative before it's too late  

??? 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I think we need to consider the source of this before we proceed further. The originator of the Balewind crisis, a man by his own (unrepentant) admission who is too gamey for the Facehammer GT, in fact a man recently labelled by the Facehammer podcast as the current number one hobby villain. A man who has gone on record to inform us of his vendetta against the Death Grand Alliance. 

None other than the Dark Master of these very forums @Ben himself. 

I urge caution Brothers and sisters you delve into matters of such gaminess that they exist beyond the ken of common hobbyists. 

Turn back and embrace the narrative before it's too late  

??? 

Apparently I have given out all my likes for today, but *like*.

?

I can see why this topic is so heavily debated and agree with many of the arguments on both sides.  However, I disagree that it is crystal clear.  IMO the best definition given for restored was the example of the antique table.  The model is restored to limited health just like the old antique table being restored to its previous glory.  The artifact is called the Ring of Immortality after all.  It's not the ring of summoning and therefore should not cost points.  None of the other artifacts cost points. Again, the model is restored (returned to health) with d3 wounds, which is hardly over powered.

Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, Nico said:

Both Vlad and the Phoenix come back for free and Tyrion and Skaar Bloodwrath for that matter. Vlad is a bit cheap on that basis, but his spell is utter garbage and he's a poor general choice since you lose the 5+ ward save. 

you din't need to have him as general usong him. I meant that he is a Named Character, so if it comes back it can't be summoned again cause only one is allowed in the army. So coming ack with a models doesn't mean o pay again and it's the same for thering

Archived