Green stuff, where to start?

Barimbino

I'm not a big sculptor myself but in addition to the normal metal "dental tools" I'd recommend some fine clay shapers.  Basically they're a paint brush handle with a rubber tip in a variety of shapes.  They make working with any type of putty a lot easier.  I'd also suggest locating green stuff in it's Tube form rather than ribbons.

I actually prefer Magic Sculpt for doing anything in-organic and green stuff for organic.  Magic Sculpt dries significantly harder (though not quite as hard as Milliput) whereas green stuff maintains some flexibility.  You can also mix and match - for example I did a large fur cloak using one putty for the base (nice and ragged leather) with green stuff fur once that had dried.

8 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm not a big sculptor myself but in addition to the normal metal "dental tools" I'd recommend some fine clay shapers.  Basically they're a paint brush handle with a rubber tip in a variety of shapes.  They make working with any type of putty a lot easier.  I'd also suggest locating green stuff in it's Tube form rather than ribbons.

I actually prefer Magic Sculpt for doing anything in-organic and green stuff for organic.  Magic Sculpt dries significantly harder (though not quite as hard as Milliput) whereas green stuff maintains some flexibility.  You can also mix and match - for example I did a large fur cloak using one putty for the base (nice and ragged leather) with green stuff fur once that had dried.

If you want to work with greenstuff for any shape other than fur, getting a shaper is the best advice you can get! No more fingerprints, no problem to sculpt smooth surfaces. Great stuff.

Archived