Stormcasts with Head swaps

Riyathe

Hi,

Just sharing these pics of 2 units of liberators i recently head swapped and painted. (space wolves heads). 

Im going to expand my stormcasts so was thinking of ways to give them a bit more character, i'm not sure if i've gone a bit too far lol but was fun anyway on a cheap unit. 

11060001.JPG

11060013.JPG

11060016.JPG

19 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Nice work. The ginger hair and specific saltire gives them a real Scottish feel.

Thankyou, yeah i dunno why i chose to put the flag on them, i guess i read the AOS 6 nations thread and got some inspiration from there lol...in hindsight i think it was a mistake mixing real world/fantasy world kinda makes me cringe for some reason... ive got a bunch of gold hammers of sigmar, i think il probably stick to that theme although i do think they look quite nice im not sure i want an army of them.

9 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

They look super Ulric-y. My favourite Stormcast I've seen to date - almost inspired to paint some Liberators. Great work!

Edit: Do you have any bigger/close up photos of them? I'd love to get a slightly better look at the paintjobs/headswaps. :) 

Thanks man, i dont have any other pics atm, to be honest whenever i take closeup pics of my paint jobs i cringe a bit at all the brush strokes etc the DSLR picks up that dont look bad to the naked eye. For example i didnt paint the eyes and it isnt noticeable but when you look at a close up its like OMG i cant believe i haven't painted them lol, i spent just 1 day on them so there not trophy models :)

7 minutes ago, Riyathe said:

Thankyou, yeah i dunno why i chose to put the flag on them, i guess i read the AOS 6 nations thread and got some inspiration from there lol...in hindsight i think it was a mistake mixing real world/fantasy world kinda makes me cringe for some reason... ive got a bunch of gold hammers of sigmar, i think il probably stick to that theme although i do think they look quite nice im not sure i want an army of them.

I don't see it as a mistake. Real-world references work well. Warhammer has always been full of them, and a cross or saltire on a model's shield doesn't hurt them at all.

I really like your old world feel... considering the Stormcast are meant to be heroes from the Old World.

Plus it makes the SCE feel less soulless with a bunch of dudes in helmets that you can't see.

This is in my top 2 along with the person who converted them with female heads.

Archived