Favorite Stormcast Stormhost

hellalugosi

Hey guys, i just got really into SE, and i'd love to hear everyone's feedback on the Stormhosts and chambers. I started out playing chaos, but I'm digging SE fluff and i'm building up a sons of mallus army at the moment. 

Any particular favorite parts of the lore, or great moments you guys had in your games?

My mistake with my Stormcast was that I started painting for the sake of painting only a year ago. So I just copied the box art.

Now I've like 50+ models, 3000 pts, and I am thinking, "Y'know I'd really like to paint something that isn't Hammers of Sigmar". Their fluff wasn't especially gripping. I didn't even think I'd play when I started. I just ended up here!

So I am thinking of a little experiment as I move forward with my stormcast. I'll find me another stormhost that I like the idea of (or make my own) and they need to complement the gold and blue.

I will then start painting new units in that scheme!

Eventually as the years go by I'll have maybe roughly even numbers of (example colour) black and gold stormcast.

The Hammers of Sigmar don't really have a stormhost marking (well they do but the hammer and lightning symbols are pretty generic, it's not like space marine chapters at the moment). So I could have a blend and hold a decent aesthetic if I plan right. So I am thinking that each unit can contain the colours blended. There would be some reason ofc, some lore to explain why roughly 50% of this host paint their armour from generic gold.

So I figure that this is going to be the core of my own stormhost: some reason, some fluff that explains the blend of armour colours. It's a form before function thing. A background that exists only to explain an aesthetic!

I would have honestly done my own if I decided to play stormcast, rather than using any official colors. I did a test model with blue steel armor and red as the secondary color and was pretty happy with it, but I think for now I will go in a different direction as far as armies but there's always the chance I will revisit this later.

a846274cc4c876ed934c2b975b497b38.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm planning on using at least the 3 main color schemes from the first book:

- Hammers of Sigmar, Hallowed Knight and Celestial Vindicators.

The Starter set everything is Hammer of Sigmar, but one unit of Liberators goes Hallowed Knights. Once I get the Start collecting set those Liberators get Celestial Vindicator colors but the rest goes as Hallowed Knights. But when I get 2 units of Judicators those skip the Hammers of Sigmar cause they didn't have Judicators in the fluff from the first book. 

Archived