Rotbringers competitive?

SlowPlay85

Plaguetouched is doable.

Here my list of it, been a while since I used it though. It worked well as the sheer size of the units makes the most of the multiple of 7.

The chaos warrior unit is the tank. They get to an objective and stay there.

56 wounds on a 4+ reroll 1 -1 to hit with potentially a 3+save is great.

When ever they're attacked on a wound roll of a 6 the attacking unit suffered a mortal wound, with a good chance I might save it.

Blightkings are my attacking force, a unit of 14 with 43 wounds who run around with the general for +1 to hit, and a 5+ ward and potentially heal him.

Again -1 to hit with potentially a 3+ save and a 5+ ward with a chance to heal,  so again when being attacked on a 6 to wound they suffer a mortal wound  which I may save with either armour or ward save, and even potentially heal it back up, multiplying attacks on a 5+ to hit really means this unit can take damage and deal it.

Screenshot_20170115-141808.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're sometimes using "Rotbringer" instead of "Mortal Nurgle," cause it sounds fancy.

So if all your stuff is Mortal and Nurgle (Nurgle Slaves to Darkness that are also mortal (so no Daemon Prince), and the "rotbringer" stuff which is also Mortal and Nurgle), then you unlock the Blightkings as battleline.

There's still no bonus outside of the BK battleline for now.  The DoT makes me hopeful though for a similar Battletome for Nurgle one day.

• 3 months later...

One last note on blight kings: In a small tourney this weekend (1k) They were my only unit to not take a single loss in 3 games. 

In game one, the only wounds were 2 put on one model by a unit of 9(!) skull crushers. Lack of rend helped me there, but mystic shield and the Harbinger within 7" of them made them the most born-again hard unit in the tournament. It was a lot of fun but,

that being said, I still lost.o.O

Archived