Rotbringers competitive?

SlowPlay85

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, your opponent rolls to hit, -1 to hit, then they roll to wound, if they roll a 6, they suffer a mortal wound. You roll save and then any other save, so with my list with the unit of 27 chaos warriors, going sword and board, as it's a unit of 27 the warriors get to reroll saves of 1, if i mystic shield them, theyll have a 3+. 

So there's good chance people will end up hurting themselves more than me, and on a 54 wound unit that's a lot of potential damage, 

Same goes for the blightkings, 14 models, 43 wounds, I plan on putting my general near them for the +1 to hit and for the 5+ ward. That's two large units who aren't going to die fast 

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal

Units
Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)
Putrid Blightkings x 10 (360)
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Chosen x 10 (320)
Forsaken x 10 (200)
Chaos Gorebeast Chariots x 1 (100)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Plaguetouched Warband (140)

Total: 2000/2000
So maybe sonething like this seems strong on paper with huge damaging potential. Any thoughts suggestions?

On 19/10/2016 at 9:51 PM, SlowPlay85 said:

So than i only have 1 battleline atm wtf is the point of these battlalion if they are still messed up by these rules 

the rules are pretty simple mate. the everchosen ones are some of the easiest to follow. 

On 19/10/2016 at 9:00 PM, SlowPlay85 said:

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal

Units
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Chosen x 10 (320)
Forsaken x 10 (200)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions

So maybe sonething like this seems strong on paper with huge damaging potential. Any thoughts suggestions?

Drop a unit of knights and drop the forsaken for 2 units of chaos warriors with great weapons or something. 

you're trying to build an ultra elite list, and these rules are in place so prevent such things. 

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
Festus The Leechlord (120) Use balewind with him

Units
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions

Best possible list I could come up with

My advice: 

If you are not a hardcore tournament player and neither are your opponents, play what you like. If everybody would play just lists built on maximum power with minimum points, there is little variety and less fun. There is nothing left from the idea/spirit of your first list in your last list, that i can understand your displeasure.

If you just focus on winning, listen to the comments above!

More than that, this highlights what I was afraid of with Matched Play.  If people aren't tournament-focused WAAC types and would actually talk, AOS could have worked fine as it was before, but no can't talk to people we need points to tell us how good/bad something is, and this is the result.

Well that's the reality of a game. It's a game with a winner and loser. Tournaments are the extreme end of that. 40k is waaaaay worse when it comes to WAAC lists thou. 

Until every alliance and subfaction gets their own allegiance abilities chaos as a whole kinda sucks. But so does Death....and most of Order. Destruction is fine thou lol

Chaos and Death are in the same boat where you pretty much need to mix up units to be effective. So rotbringers alone won't be too good but when combined with the full Nurgle, daemons, Catapults, StD...then you can probably make something you like. I made a quick list with Blightguard supported with Plaguebearers as battleline, a SorcLord, Drones...looked good on paper anyway. 

I've used the light guard a lot and find it really solid. Use it alongside bloab, morbidex, 5 knights, 10 chaos warriors, and a spawn.

the only thing I'm keen on in the extra is knights and will replace the warriors with 5 more once I can face those Mould lines again. Not to fussed on the Maggoth lords and glottkin would replace them if I could carry the massive model! You really need a +1 to hit from the trait, though, it's really important. It does lack a little punch but makes up for that on pure staying power. I also don't find it as slow as seems on paper- but am tempted to get 2*5 marauder horseman for making objective grabbing slightly easier. I've used the harbinger, but it's not a particularly friendly combo so don't use it as a rule....

Archived