A bigger Savage Big Boss

Denchfeng

Alright. So I remember the GW store I used to go to back in the early 2000's had this AMAZING Fantasy Orc that they built using a few kits. 

They bashed an old Bloodthirster box and used most of the parts to make a Orc Boss that really stood out. I have read that when measuring for contact you need to measure from the model and not the base. Would this disqualify my model if I wanted to use it at a tourney?

If not, anyone have an suggestions of kits I could bash to kind of beef up the decent but not quite bossy enough Savage Big Boss model? Or perhaps even just create a new model?

Does anyone know if sculpting your own miniature is allowed at tournaments? 

Dunno, I like the Savage Big Boss... It is just that he doesn't really stand out other than having a two-handed axe.

The Warchanter model could be made into a Savage boss. I do believe it's the next largest Orruk model under the Megaboss of course.

The armor is off on the sprues and with some green stuff, patience and a little imagination  it could be made into a pretty cool Savage boss I do believe.

2 hours ago, Denchfeng said:

Some good ideas here. Anyone know if the model size will affect the game rules wise?

I doubt it, considering GW/FW have been making larger and larger replacement kits for years. For example, the FW Bloodthirster is massive compared to even the current GW kit. Both are equally legal, as is the old metal GW Bloodthirster.

Also a larger model is usually considered a disadvantage since it is easier to get line-of-sight on it for ranged attacks, and in Close Combat more models can reach it to attack.

21 hours ago, KhaosZand3r said:

I doubt it, considering GW/FW have been making larger and larger replacement kits for years. For example, the FW Bloodthirster is massive compared to even the current GW kit. Both are equally legal, as is the old metal GW Bloodthirster.

Also a larger model is usually considered a disadvantage since it is easier to get line-of-sight on it for ranged attacks, and in Close Combat more models can reach it to attack.

Ahhh good point! I suppose I'll just have to mod him up so he stays blended into the pack until he reveals the can of whoop-ass in his back pocket.

Archived