What kit(s) contain a starsoul mace?

Walt

I want to kit some of my stormcast out with starsoul maces. I own the start collecting box and the age of sigmar starterbox. No mace bits there. What should i buy to get a couple of those macebits? thaks!

I realise you'll probably be building Retributors but down the line think carefully about equipping Decimators with Soulstar Maces. If you play against a lot of horde armies you may find it's better to stick with the Thunderaxes. With stategic positioning you could easily get 25+ attacks for a unit of 5 decimators.

I sway between these two camps.

In theory, in certain situations, against certain targets, when you can get positioned right, no star soul maces is better.

I am, however a sucker for 2 to 6 wounds no rolling.

You'd be amazed what you can't manage to roll when you really need to.

17 hours ago, AdamJ said:

@Turragor You are correct, fully optimising Decimators without starsoul maces can be very situational.

I guess the other thing the maces have going for them is that they look super cool! :)

Actually it's fairly hard for Democetors to be so successful. If one model has 5 attacks it can score an average 1,85 damage on 4+ save targets and 2,2 on 5+ save ones. Generally Starsoul mace is a better choice. Only exception might be as mentioned, the Retributors with buff on their to hit.

But I would also say most of the time Retributors don't get too much chance stay with their Lords... Skyborn Slayer doesnt have any retributor while Hammerstrike doesn't have any Lord included.

On 08/10/2016 at 10:46 AM, AdamJ said:

I realise you'll probably be building Retributors but down the line think carefully about equipping Decimators with Soulstar Maces. If you play against a lot of horde armies you may find it's better to stick with the Thunderaxes. With stategic positioning you could easily get 25+ attacks for a unit of 5 decimators.

Equipping a unit of Decimators with Starsoul Maces gives them the flexibility to react to a variety of threats. It allows you to be able to respond to low-model count units in an effective manner, rather than purely being built for hordes.

If your army can cover that elsewhere, then perhaps you'd go pure Thunderaxe, but for me a small amount of flexibility is worth losing some attacks for. Mortal Wounds are not to be underestimated.

Archived