How about True Metallic Metal on Stormcast

Aeonotakist

Having been painting Stormcast with True Metalic metal for a while. However never really succeeded on getting the silver part right.

The golden armor will go very shiny after applying Retrbutor Armor - Reikland Skintone Shade - layering Librator Gold - layering a mix of Librator Gold and Stormhost Silver.

IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5474.JPG

The Silver part like sword will look odd no matter what shade and highlight I apply.

below you can find the best sword I get so far. It looks OK in dark environment but start to mass up in normal daylight.

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

Also I notice very few pro painter are using TMM on Stormcast.

DO you have any thought or experience to share?

The old school way of doing TMM was to add opaque paints into the metallic paint to tone the reflective nature down.  So you'd start off with gold and scorched brown and then highlight up from that.  The only "pure" metallic was the final edge highlight (which sometimes actually had white in).  I think silver tended to have black, grey and blues added in but there was a lot of variety depending on what metal you were painting.

I always understood the concept being that the opaque colour reinforced the reflection so it looked OK under different light sources.

On ‎07‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 3:25 AM, Vasshpit said:

Looking good.

I'm about to do the same conversion with the starter kit Liberator primes and the special weapon options. How hard was it to match them up to the torso?

Also this is the recipe I'll be following with some tweaks.

https://opponent-theory.blogspot.com/2016/03/age-of-sigmar-painting-stormcast.html

To be honest it is quite difficult. I have 40 Librators from starter box and I converted three of them. Now I swear I will never do that again.

The guy which I showed is little bit less comlicated compare with the other Prime in starter box. That one was a disaster.

• 1 month later...

I've always preferred TMM to NMM, and that gold just supports me in that. Great job.

As for the silver, I'd have a look at one of Sorastro's tutorials. I like the technique he uses on the swords for Silas The Elf and Anne The Nun from Zombicide: Black Plague, and it's definitely something I'll try out next time I'm painting swords.

Archived