2000 point list dispossessed and friends (competitive)

Bimli

Leader

Celestial Hurricanum (lord with 6+ ward and +1 wound recover each hero phase)

Grim burlockson

Rune lord

Battle line

Warriors x 10 great weapons and shield

Other

Quarrelers x 30 shields

Iron drakes x 10

Gryph hound

Gryph hound

Artillery

Cannon

Cannon

Cannon

2000 points

Gryph hounds stay with artillery unit and with quarrelers and thunderers to allow me to kill off some "deep striking" units Celestial Hurricanum gives my shooting units +1 to hit and has its own abilities. 3 runes lords mainly for more rend. My army is made to win by shooting while my warriors units hold things up for a turn here and there. 

Thoughts?

OK so a slight update to the list I haven't gotten reply to it maybe it's cause I'm new here and people thought I would not provide insight on other lists but I have :)

So let me know if you feel this is competitive or poop thanks

Firstly warriors dont do shields and great weapons its either or

You lack any objective grabbing units besides sending in the dwarf warriors which are slow, you would struggle in any matched play mission to that has objectives all over the board

like the grph hounds, and the huricanum but id swap it out for a cogsmith and 3 flame cannons. Cheaper abd far more damaging

At that point i probably would want to mix and match more order units 

but if your keeping it dwarve only id then consider iron breakers (for your front line) and the anvil (can give plus 1 armour and with the appretence do d3 mortal wounds at 24" range) for about 160 pts

if you sneak in a battlemage or a stormcast castelan iron breakers can get a 2+ re rollable armour save to defend your front line

Just some of the ideas im playing with currently

Warriors can actually take a great weapons  and shield it's in their rules not either or.

I do agree the army is slow and I am thinking of a way in add bugman and Rangers may need to take out the CH.

Yeah I wanted to stick to dwarfs it's my favorite army so I'm trying to make other work. 

I do like the flame cannon but I already have 3 cannons and grim they have the range and damage ability to kill a great deal 

Hey Bimli!

Mo Runelords mo Runelords is the rule on a big unit of 26" Quarrellers, and you need characters in matched play lists incase three Places of Power hits, so I'd consider ditching the Irondrakes and their terrible range for a warden king (with +1 attack and +1 damage) and an extra Runelord. Personally I find gryph-hounds a little on the situational side in matched play (and the Quarrellers can take a charge from deepstriking units and warmachines can be screened off by warrriors), so unless you've got a regular opponent who uses Stormcast you might want to ditch the pair for another Runelord for a whopping -3 rend on the Quarrellers.

Warmachines wise I generally find Grudge Throwers ability to snipe enemy characters and artillery without having to see them far more useful than cannons for the same points, and if you're explicitly going Dispossessed and friends you should take a look at Helstorm Rocket Batteries, same points cost at a cannon/grudge thrower, about as accurate as a grudge thrower with the same potential for damage, and they don't need to be babysat by an engineer, meaning if you take a couple you can spread your warmachines out and not have to deploy them in a cluster around Grimm.

:) 

Bombers are fun but not top tier competitive I am thinking of taking out the CH put in bugman and another unit if Quarrelers.

Thanks for your input double miss fire as I agree with a good amount of what you indicated. Gryph-hound are the best thing for artillery and it's not just storm cast that can port the scaven aka chaos and sylvanth do this quiet well also. When I build my list it need ms to be an all comers list if I go up against scaven sylvanth or storm cast and I don't have Gryph-hound it basically an auto loss.

I'll rework the list a bit and plug something in I appreciate all your inputs keep it coming :)

4 hours ago, Sadysaneto said:

No flame cannon?

Sadly I don't have any flame cannons. 

I agree with the more rune lords. So after taking out the CH and drakes I added 20 quarrlers and bugman this will allow me to pop up where needed and take points. I have 200 point left with this change so should I add another rune lord leaving me with 120 points left. Thoughts?

The reason I go with 20 rangers is cause when they get in it will be with 40 shots then I basically use them as a minor close combat unit and shooting is just a bonus. Also after a few reads of the rule it seems bugman dose not need to pop up in the same location as the unit of quarrelers (though they need to pop up at the same time) so let a unit of 20 pop up where it needs and let bugman pop out where he is needed.

3 hours ago, Sadysaneto said:

I also prefer 20 thunderers over 20 quarrelers.

Imo 20 3+/3+/-1/1 is better than 40 4+/4+/-/1

I agree if the 20 thunderers could be bugmans rangers :P but If I'm not using quarrelers as bugmans rangers then I'm going 30 strong to take advantage of the double shooting which is better than the thunderers ability and has a highers damage output over all. 

14 minutes ago, Bimli said:

I agree if the 20 thunderers could be bugmans rangers :P but If I'm not using quarrelers as bugmans rangers then I'm going 30 strong to take advantage of the double shooting which is better than the thunderers ability and has a highers damage output over all. 

Its like i said - IMO :)

I have a crappy hand, so 3/3 beats 4/4 any day of the week for me.

And there´s rending, also.

24 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

Its like i said - IMO :)

I have a crappy hand, so 3/3 beats 4/4 any day of the week for me.

And there´s rending, also.

I know what your saying some times my 4+ is just straight poop so I can attest. For me its mainly the range and the x2 shooting I guess rolling more dice and a farther distance just feels right.... not to mention since 8th I used only quarrelers so I don't have an thunderers :P

Ok so with the changes here is what I got

Leader

Warden king (I'm thinking +1 attack and extra -1 rend)

Other heroes 

Grim burlockson

Rune lord

Rune Lord

Bugman

Battle line

Other

Quarrelers x 30 shields full command

Quarrelers x 20 shields full command (bugmans rangers)

Gryph hound

Gryph hound

Artillery

Cannon

Cannon

Cannon

2000 points

5 heroes a poop ton of shooting with good range some "deep striking" and protection against the "deep strike" army seems to be mobile bugman + rangers. a leader to buff my shooting (not artillery seeing how they are no longer dispossessed :( ) I do like grudge throwers but the cannons can shot even if someone is within 8" which will be helpful against armies that can pop up and try to take the points on my side. 

But what do you all think good or bad any changes?

Archived