The Painting Contract - January 2024

Work in progress. Highlighted more gold parts. Noticed that i need to put some blackline some of the gold to make it more easy to look at. Also put some texture paint on the base because that needs to dry for days for some reason.

20240123_155609.jpg.52f22c8ded437043aa1027c2124586ee.jpg

20240123_155629.jpg.cfaa3b31fa332cbf7bd0d12f9dcae75e.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 5

Kia ora all! I am still alive. Sorry for the infrequent posting.

Anyway, here's my Mugruk Da Watcher and his little sorcerous minion. Pretty much finished other than punching up the rust effects and adding some swampy goo on their bases.

No clue what I want to paint next. Maybe a unit of 10 Gutrippaz, so I don't have to sweat the painting too much.

IMG_20240124_225159.jpg

IMG_20240124_225224.jpg

IMG_20240124_225432.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I did not paint much more (just an owlbear to replace the one I misplaced), but did glue up the remaining buildings I had. (I also ordered more MDF buildings)

IMG20240125124000.jpg

These look great. What scale are these and how much did they cost? Might be interrested in some buildings like these.

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

These look great. What scale are these and how much did they cost? Might be interrested in some buildings like these.

They are 28mm scale (though the mills and grain storage are made for halflings), and really cheap. That inn (Agatha's Stone Moon Inn) cost me €21, and has gridded 1st and second floor, it's around 30*20cm. I the mills were about €14-€16 (€14 for the water mill+ bridge, €16 for the wind mills)

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sparxius said:

So I've finished 2/3 warbands.

Next month definitely want to finish the Seraphon and the wolf riding Goblins.

Pictures to follow

Cant wait to see those goblins! (out of likes)

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 9:46 PM, Michelle said:

I kept hearing about this in your podcasts, and honestly is part of why it drew me to these forums. 
So I'll try hard and partake here, so my goal this month is to paint up a brick of dreadscythe harridans that are (regrettably) still sitting in their box.  >_<

Harridans are base spray painted.  XD  I have been pushing it off, and now it have to add to that pile before I go to the Cherokee Open event in like 3 weeks...  which I need to paint up my Nagash and do my display board too...  Oy vey.  I WILL get this done! 
Hopefully... maybe?  🫠

43 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Harridans are base spray painted.  XD  I have been pushing it off, and now it have to add to that pile before I go to the Cherokee Open event in like 3 weeks...  which I need to paint up my Nagash and do my display board too...  Oy vey.  I WILL get this done! 
Hopefully... maybe?  🫠

You can do this! XD

Edit: are there any rules about making a display board? Never made one before, but im thinking about it.

Edited by Gitzdee

8 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

You can do this! XD

Edit: are there any rules about making a display board? Never made one before, but im thinking about it.

We shall see!

As far as display board, there are NO rules.  Go wild with your creative imagination.  Ideally, you want your board to match your army scheme, but afaik, that's about it.  If you need a starting point and some recommendations on materials, lmk or I'm sure I'll post the progress somewhere too so you can see.  ^-^

• Like 2