Ulgu/Chamon, 4rth edition's Realm ? Your opinion.

Danaork

On 12/4/2023 at 6:30 PM, Red Bull said:

I’m leaning towards Ulgu because I’m extremely biased.

but also the end of Broken Realms had Belakor talking to Eshin assassins and Malerion paying his mom a visit

Yes, i wanna know how this plays out.

Also i am still waiting for some more units for DoK (Cavalary, shadowy Beasts like Drukharii Beast units). Maybe one big Battletome of the Shadowkin Umbraneth which includes Morathi and Malerion elves.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 12:52 PM, Sception said:

I personally hope they don't pin an entire edition to a single realm again.  I vastly prefer 2e's approach, taking a wider hollistic view of the realms and letting individual battletomes, campaign books, and matched play seasons focus in on whatever interesting is going on regardless of what realm its ins.  Let the attention shift at least on a yearly basis along with the matched play season, and put out a new game board & terrain box (including reprints of oldhammer and 1e terrain as appropriate, some of that stuff still holds up) each year to match.  Just try to line up the matched play, narrative campaign, and war-cry focus so the same terrain fits everything, and have them all switch to the same new realm/location each year.

I'd love some reprinted mto old terrain.  I regret not getting the fortified manor or realmgates more recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I really want that Ophidian Archway, but not enough to pay eBay prices.

I think the same with the realm gates. They would be a really nice fit for my Heldenstone, but the cheapest I saw them was like 60 €. I don't want them that much xD

• 2 weeks later...

I think that right now we have pretty good set-up for Chamon/Aqshy duo progression with focus on Duardin of the mortal realms. 
This can include new wave for KO,FS and CoS duardins plus Gholemkind release and moving towards Chaos duardins reveal and the begining of Hysh/Ulgu focus edition. 
Just as example: Skaven starts their invasion in Chamon and Aqshy. Duardins suffer heavy loses but Gholemkind apears and saves the day. Duardins start to speak about reunification more openly. KO, FS and GK split. Vostarg, Thryng and some GK will lead new Khazalid Empire, where Lofnir, Nar and other GK will stay as it's own. Together united Duardin force with Grombrindal and SCE will defeat Skavens but at the moment of their triumph Chaos Duardins will show up and attacks. Then Grombrindal will fight Chaos Duardin leader and will be almost killed but Ulgu Aelves will show up and Malekith himself to save his old friend.(this will lead us to Ulgu/Hysh edition) 
So we could get new wave for KO (New ship with New Brock centerpeace model where old model will became just generic Lord-Magnate), new wave for FS (Bael-Grimnir centerpeace model with 2 boxes of new models) and Grombrindal as new centerpeace model for united Duardin force(maybe with some hint for new Valaya base faction of duardins)

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1