Daughters of khaine

Nbomb

Hi all.

im going to start a daughters of khaine army, I've put together a 1000pt list to start.

caldron of blood

2 x 10 witch aelves 

5 Doomfire warlocks

2 bloodwrack medusaes 

death hag

Any advice or tips on how to use and make competitive would be great.

thanks

A very simple competitive list of daughters of khaine (2000):

80 witch aelves

4 Blood Caldron

Thats will give all your units 4* 5++ or 6++ that they will be very hard to kill. Though this big bubble is still weak in taking objectives.

But to your list, a  daughters of khaine army run with only one caldron is fairly easy to deal with. Even the medusa and Doomfirs are nice units.

My friend runs a Dark Aelves list and runs 30 Witches with the Cauldron and it's beastly! So I'd definitely recommend getting 30.

Sisters of slaughter are a lot more durable in combat, with a 4+ save. Plus you can give the Mystic Shield as they have a save.

Doomfire Warlocks were pretty meh in all the games he used them. Their spell is the same as arcane bolt, but gets better when you have 10+ models, but 400 points for 6 mortal wounds, that goes to D6 when you lose just one model is certainly not worth it.  But it's your only way at getting Mystic Shield, so it might be worth the points in larger games as long as you treat it as a Mystic Shield generator. 

A possible Daughters of Khaine list:

Leaders
Cauldron Of Blood (220)
Death Hag (60)
Death Hag (60)

Units
Witch Aelves x 30 (420)
Witch Aelves x 30 (420)
Witch Aelves x 10 (140)
Sisters Of Slaughter x 20 (320)
Doomfire Warlocks x 5 (200)
Bloodwrack Medusae x 1 (120)

Battalions
Bloodwrack Sisterhood (40)

Total: 2000/2000

The battalion allows you to pile in and attack in your hero phase if you're already in combat and with 9" of the Cauldron and roll a 6 on a D6.... Not particularly useful, but it allows you to drop it all in 2 drops so you can choose when to go first etc. 

I so want to do a DoK army but I'm waiting for a start collecting Daughters of Khain box because they're so expensive to collect at the moment. I was thinking 2 Cauldrons, which also gives you 2 extra hags and 2 medusa. Then 2 or 3 units of warlocks and all the rest Witch Aelves. Another thought was to do mixed DoK and Covens to take the Sorceress on dragon, with 3x Dark Shards for battle line

On 10/3/2016 at 8:33 AM, Aeonotakist said:

A very simple competitive list of daughters of khaine (2000):

80 witch aelves

4 Blood Caldron

Thats will give all your units 4* 5++ or 6++ that they will be very hard to kill. Though this big bubble is still weak in taking objectives.

But to your list, a  daughters of khaine army run with only one caldron is fairly easy to deal with. Even the medusa and Doomfirs are nice units.

having 4 blood caldrons allows you to roll a 5++ 4 times?

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Strictly speaking the rule seems to be worded in such a way that it does stack. I suspect if it was abused and found powerful that they'd FAQ it pretty quick though.

I dont think it is powerful since it's way to weak in taking objectives. the 10' bubble from 4 caldrons might restrict your witches a lot in moving phase..

11 hours ago, Bimli said:

having 4 blood caldrons allows you to roll a 5++ 4 times?

the FEC warmy really rely on their ability to stack 'ward save', and that is accepted in Tournament. 

Archived