1k Pts. Bloodbound

the_prophecy

Hi,

my first Bloodbound consists only from the models of 2 AoS Starter Sets and a Box Skullreavers plus Gorechosen Boardgame. My Idea is as follows

Battalion:

Dark Feast 

Leader:

Aspiring Death Bringer (General)

Slaughterpriest (Dark Feast) 

Bloodstoker (Dark Feast)

Skullgrinder

Battleline:

20 Skullreavers (Dark Feast)

10 Blood Warriors

1000 Points

All in all lots of Synergys for the Heroes. All giving Chaos Mortal Units more Attacks. The Skullgrinder is in there just for fun but if its Ability Triggers than its also a very nice bonus. I know against shooty armys i think i have Problems. 

I also like the Command Ability of the Aspiring Deathbriner, giving all mortal Khorne Units an additional attack and he is also cheaper as the mighty Lord of Khorne

I want to expand the army next with Varanguard wich i bought but i think in a 1000 pts. Game they are really expensive

What do you think?

Nice list! You can get a lot of mileage out of just the stater set and Gorechosen!

I'd think about swapping the Skullgrinder out for a Bloodsecrator, who when properly positioned can give the bloodreaver units a whopping two extra attacks a model.

It's a real shame the starter set bloodreavers aren't armed with meatrippper axes... :(

20 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Nice list! You can get a lot of mileage out of just the stater set and Gorechosen!

I'd think about swapping the Skullgrinder out for a Bloodsecrator, who when properly positioned can give the bloodreaver units a whopping two extra attacks a model.

It's a real shame the starter set bloodreavers aren't armed with meatrippper axes... :(

Yea thats because i bought a seperate Box of Blood Reavers :-)

The Blood Secrator is 120 Pts. the Skullgrinder only 80. I dont want to toss out the Battalion because i think its really good..

I also like the Slaughterpriest an he is also mandatory for the battalion Requirements. Maybe toss out the Aspiring Death Bringer? But than i have no Her Ability

But thanks for the replies

Guessing you mean Bloodreavers rather than Skullreavers ;)

Personally for the list above, I would suggest dropping 5 Blood Warriors (100) and the Skullgrinder (80) in exchange for a Bloodsecrator (120) and 10 more Bloodreavers (60).  The Bloodsecrator has the potential to grant the Bloodreavers an extra 2 attacks each which is huge and should outweigh the loss of the exchanged models.

As a word of warning, don't forget the Aspiring Deathbringer's command ability only as a range of 6".  With units of 20 you're likely not going to be able to apply that buff to all three units of Bloodreavers.

The three challenges you're going to face is lack of saves, rend and speed.

Archived