Expansion sets

Wraith01

2 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

You mean the big $200 one? I was under the impression it was gone for good. It was a pretty decent deal (basically a free Gryph-hound and Lord-Castellant) but not as crazy as the Start Collecting boxes.

Yeah,  that's the one. It also has 2 units of judicators and a fully customizable unit of Retributors and Prosecutors. It's still cheaper than buying them all separately at amazon prices. 

1 hour ago, Dracothjay said:

Yeah, the start collecting boxes  are so worth investing. It's bang for your buck. However, they catch you out with 2 Paladins meaning u have to invest money for more and it won't equal out to a round number.

I think the idea was to complete the set of Retributors from the starter set and those 2 just fit in perfectly with that set to make all 5. Though you could upgrade them into Starsoul mace's! 

Oh I already bought a weird blend to fashion my 10 x rets and 5 x protectors / 5 x decimators.

Over the course of 9 months I went for the rather meandering choice of:

2 x 3 starter set rets (2 primes, 6 rets).

2 x Mini boxes (2 primes, 2 rets) - 1 Prime ignored for now. 1 test painted. 2 Rets converted to star soul maces.

2 x Paladin boxsets (1 dec prime, 1 prot prime, 2 protectors, 2 decimators, 4 starsoul maces with respective helms).

It was quite the fuss in the end. And I'm still missing 2 star soul maces if I wish to field all paladins at once. I usually choose 15 only (protectors OR decimators for instance).

But buying that little box twice and throwing away primes is £20/200SEK for 2 no? You'd be better off getting the full box with the options and the star soul maces I think.

It's not that difficult to convert the Retributor Primes to basic Retributors, your looking at changing a shoulder pad and a bit of helmet spikes/hair.  

If you buy a box of Judicators (they're great so why wouldn't you) you get a spare flat shoulder pad, carve off the hammer icon and stick it on your Retributor, then just modify his headgear and he's a normal dude.

Archived