Best battleline units for Order

jobume

Haha to chaos having the worst monsters. It's only my opinion but I rate the jabberslythe as point for point the best monster going round (or at lesser equal to a stonehorn). 140 points, a serious amount of damage as it does (d3 mortal wounds on a 4+ for every wound suffered in combat), fast enough and that 1 in 6 chance of eliminating a whole turn of alariele/nagash/archaon et al. Seriously waiting for someone to run 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Trying to demonstrate Chaos are good by pointing to their monsters is a losing strategy. They have by far the worst in the game. 

1 War Mammoth gets to attack and smashes something. Some junk like 20 Spearmen would then cripple the second one and it would go rapidly downhill from there.

It has an abysmal save.

Monsters are very hard to buff as a general rule, which means that their combat power is usually far inferior to buffed infantry or buffed cavalry.

My experience comes from playing against them and no one in our meta has beaten them

22 wounds is increadible for 320 pts

so 4 of them, backed up by some korgoroths which are ridiculously cheap at 80 pts

Haha to chaos having the worst monsters. It's only my opinion but I rate the jabberslythe as point for point the best monster going round (or at lesser equal to a stonehorn). 140 points, a serious amount of damage as it does (d3 mortal wounds on a 4+ for every wound suffered in combat), fast enough and that 1 in 6 chance of eliminating a whole turn of alariele/nagash/archaon et al. Seriously waiting for someone to run 4 of them.

The Jabber is favourably costed. It would be brilliant as a counter to alpha strike lists and Khorne/Ironjawz/Beastclaw. 

However, the meta is gunlines, so the Jabberslythe is just arrowbait with a hopeless 5+ save.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

However, the meta is gunlines, so the Jabberslythe is just arrowbait with a hopeless 5+ save.

My meta certainly isnt gunlines. Its ironjawz, beastclaws, clan skrye, flesh eaters and chaos war mammoths/ chaos monster mash

id love to see a list using gunlines from order that could beat the above. Save clan skyre, lets just hope they get nerfed

Im a touch salty due to the amount of chaos and ork filth that i have had to deal with

I really wish the 3 war scrolls of battle line units could be combined into 1-2 units. So many battle line units gain efficiency at larger sizes and it would take the pain away from list writing for me. Otherwise I am either just minimising the points cost of my battleline (3x10skinks) or looking at mono allegiance lists like Phoenix Temple or Seraphon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otherwise I am either just minimising the points cost of my battleline (3x10skinks) or looking at mono allegiance lists like Phoenix Temple or Seraphon.

This is exactly what it's meant to do. Forcing you to make difficult decisions by having different options with trade offs. You can go minimal battleline and just use them as objective holders/chaff, or you can build your whole army around the battleline units, or you can stick to an allegiance and get better battleline. 

Judicators are not purely 'ranged' units. They are units that will stand against damage (enemy shooters) and can still fight back. Their wound per points is OK and wont shut fire with even 80% models in a unit being killed. But if you try to make a pure shooting list with just Judicarots you will find their damage output quite loosy.

Librators are usually way too underestemated. Their Prime with special weapon has a profile of 3A/4+/3+/-1/2, which is almost a Rtributor Prime... Also Librators has +1 hit against HQ/ monster, which is a fantastic feature combined with some battlion that will double your damage with hit result of 6+ or so. Considering the buff from general, Librator might become 'double damage at hit roll of 4+'.

Both battleline in Stormcast is useful/ But normally I pick Librator cause Judicator is really too bad choice compare with Prosecutors with jevelin...

On 9/26/2016 at 2:22 PM, Vespan said:

One unit of 30-40 high elf/dark elf spearmen could be a nice pick. They are cheap, decently durable and with inspiring presence they can hold most dangerous units off for few turns. Also having at least one big unit greatly helps you contest important objectives! or blok enemy acces to certain points of the map. Or screen you other units. 30-40 bodies give you many good strategic options.

Hellz yeah. They are amazing, especially in objective based games. They are fast moving and very durable. 

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Double Misfire said:

I had a lot of fun stacking multiple dwarf lords on a unit of longbeards when AoS first came out to automatically wound stuff, but the amount of points Disposessed characters with command abilities (and longbeards themselves) cost in matched play,  the rules of one, and the general stale taste it left in my opponents' mouths I'm much happier spamming 80 point Runelords for mo rend mo rend and the chance to feel like a true dwarf and properly ****** anyone who's built an army dependant on magic.

Hmm not sure I'd agree on dispossessed battle line for 100 points the dwarf warrior unit is ok but not really that competitive and longs beards at 140 points are also just plain ok. Shooting battle line are good imo maybe darkelf shards they are 100 points for 10 and shoot 20 shots if 10 strong. They need 5's to hit but this can easily be fixed by adding to the unit. Dark elf spear men are great for 80 points having 2" reach. And elves shields just work unlike dwarf shield wall which does nothing if we charge. If your going order ID say dispossessed battle are not the way to go as there are much better choices out there. Mind you I play dispossessed and will make them competitive!!

Archived