Vanguard palladors

Tizianolol

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Marcvs said:

yes, because using "ride the wind aetheric" is instead of a retreat move so it is not itself a retreat.

Is that right? Kharadron Ships can only shoot after using Fly High (an ability with the same "instead of a retreat move..." as Ride The Winds) because we have an ability (Disengage) that allows us to shoot (but not charge). There is a FAQ about that:

Q: If I use the Fly High ability to disengage with a unit, can that unit still shoot or charge later in the same turn?
A: It can still shoot as per the Disengage ability but it cannot charge.

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Is that right? Kharadron Ships can only shoot after using Fly High (an ability with the same "instead of a retreat move..." as Ride The Winds) because we have an ability (Disengage) that allows us to shoot (but not charge). There is a FAQ about that:

I am not an authority and I don't know enough of the KO discussions so, honestly, I am not sure.

Fly High is formulated similarly, but it also specifically mentions "(it can disengage)" referring to that rule. This is not the case for the Palladors, and the move is still not a retreat, that's why I would say they can shoot and charge afterwards.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Fly High is formulated similarly, but it also specifically mentions "(it can disengage)" referring to that rule. This is not the case for the Palladors, and the move is still not a retreat, that's why I would say they can shoot and charge afterwards.

Completely agree and that's why I'm not sure how abilities with set-ups that replace movement works in 3.0 (btw, I've send exactly the same question to GW after KOs FAQs):

KOs can Disengage using Fly High, that's why KO can shoot (but can't charge).
What happens when you use a High Fly-like ability without a disengage-like ability? Can you sill charge or shoot?

Edited by Beliman