2000 competitive Skryre

Dorash182

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Fyreslayers would straight wreck this list. Luckily for you not many people play them

Could you explain how, please? All i can see is a 4+ Fnp on normal troops, but all the heroes die in first turn of shooting, then chaff gets a 6 up? What else am I missing?

No. Vulkites in a group of 20+ get a 4+ no matter what. Hearthguard berzerkers get 4+ if neat a hero. If you get too close to the Grimwrath heals is literally unkillable. The Runefather can throw off wounds on to others. Most people have the Runefather on foot with a unit of 10 hearthguard berzerkers so they can damn near always absorb the wounds. 

It would actually take all of your double turn warpfire to even put a dent into a unit of 25-30 vulkite. 

Plus I'd they bring their own tunnel guys which most do to pop up units of vulkites at objectives. 

You could kill the runesmithers, Runemaster, runeson, Battlesmith, and auric hearthguard. But most fyreslayers have them spread out keeping smaller pockets together. So you would waste a lot of warpfire just to attempt to kill a some minor heroes and maybe a unit of ranged. 

Tunnel magmadroths would pop up after yours are done and straight murder all those rats that can't do anything in combat after

If I knew I was up against skryre skaven I would bunker bubble wrap in vulkite as I moved up

Not all. By how many random D6 mortal wound rolls would you need to wipe out a Runefather on foot plus the Hearthguard Berzerkers? Or 25 vulkite? I've not personally seen what the skryre formation can do but I can guess it will take dedicated firepower to just wipe them out right 

They spit out 60 per turn.

So they would kill 30 Vulkites turn one - or kill a Magmadroth and kill 18 Vulkites, rest flee. Then they would double turn you half the time. You're best bet would be to have 3 runesmiters and keep everything off the table. However, that's still a good match up compared to most. All you need is your own block of 30 guys to get a double turn and you'll wipe them off the table - the throwing axes can shred the Warpfire Teams, then you can chop up the Stormfiends.

57 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

All I'm saying is that there are armies it won't beat. Fyreslayers, Bonesplitterz, Death...it's a very one trick pony and once you use up the trick you will either win or get destroyed right after.

Im not claiming it cant be beaten, never did, im asking how it can be beat. Fyreslayers, Bonesplitters and death is a very unconvincing answer. How exactly? I and the the guy have explained the power of Skryre and why its strong, can you explain what about Death grand alliance or Bonesplitterz could do to beat them? 

Clan Skryre is about the dictionary antonym of a one-trick pony.

You probably won't lose many games with it, but I'd also expect about 25% of your opponets to just give you the win and walk away from the table, giving you a 0 for sports- and I come from a pretty hardcore meta.

Most of my lists would either get lucky and be able to beat this on turn 1 or lose the game immediately. Might as well just flip a coin.

You would have to take 3 units of Clanrats correct?? Because they aren't skryre they'd break the allegiance ability to take stormfiends as Battleline??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 3 units of 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers, 3 Runesmiters and 2 dragons (1x Runeson and 1xrunesmiter). If the person was playing Fyreslayers the way they were intended to be played I think it would be a good match up but this skryre list would smash my army composition haha. I tunnel all 3 units up in a big line 9 inches out from the enemies line and that way two of them get the charge buff from the Runeson! Try charge all 3 units up and tarp it their whole line for 3 turns so I can get way ahead on points.. It's only effective in games where the objectives are in the centre of the board(3 places of power etc.). Its a real fun way to play though!

3 hours ago, Papapene said:

You would have to take 3 units of Clanrats correct?? Because they aren't skryre they'd break the allegiance ability to take stormfiends as Battleline??

No, the stormfiends are battle line so no need for clan rats 

No, the stormfiends are battle line so no need for clan rats 

One of the lists someone put up in this thread had 1 unit of clan rats in it... I was referring to that one. I just quoted the wrong post. Is there no way to edit posts on this forum??

2 hours ago, Papapene said:

One of the lists someone put up in this thread had 1 unit of clan rats in it... I was referring to that one. I just quoted the wrong post. Is there no way to edit posts on this forum??

As long as you've made 5 posts, you can edit them.

I played a list similar to this on Sunday at Facehammer GT. At the end of the game I had one model left, I did however win the scenario (Border War) You have to remember smashing face is not always enough in AoS. 

I deployed a 263 wound Bone Splitas army that took 60 wounds when the Storm Fiends popped up. There are counters to all armies. But there are also armies people do not enjoy playing against. 

Just to be clear I really enjoyed playing against the army, but then I felt I could win so I was not just a punching bag for my opponent

On 27/09/2016 at 1:38 AM, Kanamorf said:

I played a list similar to this on Sunday at Facehammer GT. At the end of the game I had one model left, I did however win the scenario (Border War) You have to remember smashing face is not always enough in AoS. 

I deployed a 263 wound Bone Splitas army that took 60 wounds when the Storm Fiends popped up. There are counters to all armies. But there are also armies people do not enjoy playing against. 

Just to be clear I really enjoyed playing against the army, but then I felt I could win so I was not just a punching bag for my opponent

This army, Bonesplitterz, seems to me to be the only realistic chance to fight Clan Skryre. Sheer wound count

21 hours ago, Dorash182 said:

This army, Bonesplitterz, seems to me to be the only realistic chance to fight Clan Skryre. Sheer wound count

Clan Skryre Stormfiend Warpfire spam has been knocking around the UK scene for a few months now. It hasn't won anything or even come in the top 10 from what I can remember. Its not competitive by any means as it will only really ever win 4/6 games at an event, which is not really enough to place anywhere what I'd call 'competitive'. It has some terrible matchups and suffers in some of the scenarios. Sure you'll wreck games and table opponents, but you'll score 0 on sports if the event you're pushing this list at has any sort of soft scores involved.

I can see the clan Skryre formation being comped out pretty soon over here anyways so its something people probably won't have to suffer for much longer.

On 24/09/2016 at 10:13 PM, Malakithe said:

Fyreslayers would straight wreck this list. Luckily for you not many people play them

This actually happened at Warlords. The Skryre formation all appeared in front of the fireslayer army, bounced with its shooting and then got taken off the following turn by a wave of dwarfs lol

As you say, it really sucks on Places of Power and Escalation (unless you abusively win the initiative for turn 2 and block your opponent from deploying any further models).

It also sucks against hordes (Moonclan), Fyreslayers and Nurgle. On the other hand it will pulverise any low model count, elite army and bunkering isn't much assistance.

This actually happened at Warlords. The Skryre formation all appeared in front of the fireslayer army, bounced with its shooting and then got taken off the following turn by a wave of dwarfs lol

It's amazing how often you can get lucky and pass two thirds of 5+ Ward saves, let alone 4+ ward saves.

Just now, Nico said:

It also sucks against hordes (Moonclan), Fyreslayers and Nurgle. On the other hand it will pulverise any low model count, elite army and bunkering isn't much assistance.

Skryre just wrecks elite low model count in general. Its why WarpfireFiends and Warp Lightning Cannons are currently a strong meta pick as people are still using expensive units such as Zombie Dragons, Star Drakes & larger special characters. Skryre won't do anything to 90+ Savages, Moongoblins or Clanrats. A solid Nurgle army would tank it up quite nicely as well.

Archived