Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace

TalesOfSigmar

I was hoping someone will clarify this for me, the Pushed into Battle gives each of these units +1" movement for every 3 three Skaven models within an 1" of it. 

Do the Skaven move along with the model?

For example I can get 30 Plague Monks around a Furnace to make the Furnace 14" move. Do the monks who are pushing it into battle move 14" too?

If they don't I cannot see how the Furnace can move forwards if it's blocked off by the rats surrounding the model in front, and also the Furnace is racing ahead of the rats who are only 6" move so will just sit there for the next turn as the rats try to catch up.

Hope I explained myself.

Chalmers

It says for each 3 skaven within 1" at the start of the movement phase, give it +1 to move until the end of the phase. This means with the 30 Plague Monks, you give a +10 to the movement, then you are free to move the Monks anywhere.

The furnace will still get to move 14", whether or not that the Plague Monks are still at 1".

Hope this helps :)

Yup, they just fling that big machine forward. Don't try to rationalize it xD. The thing moves at 4" all game, but has the possibility to charge 12".

As I see it, nothing says that the Monks get to move along with it. Maybe the war machine is on some slope or something? Haha

13 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

I've thought against Pestilens, and Plague Monks and Censor Bearers are quite scary on the charge. 

You will have a very interesting army when you've finished. And could even expand in to Rotbringers once you're done.

Well I've got the majority of a Rotbringers army as it is (15 x Blightkings, Glotkin, Gutrot Spume, Plague Lord, Maggot Lord) so it was my thinking about having a large Nurgle army that be split up into different Allegiances.

most useful bit about the Furnace is the 2 prayers it can cast, giving either re-rolls to wound, or pile in and attack when they die, I seem to remember Nico using a similar rule in his Warlords bat reps. Think is was from the Verminus Clawpack or from the Warbringers command ability.

With plague monks you get like 6 attacks on the charge if you buff them correctly. compare that to the Clanrats and they seem a bit tastier.  With The Clanrats/Verminus list Nico was running one unit did double damage when you roll 6 to wound by using tretch craventails command ability , but Plague Monks get that too for multiple units without having to use a command ability and also get a free rend of -1 as well when you roll sixes to wound if you take the Pestilent Clawpack formation, which is 3 units of PM, a PF and a PP.

On top of that when PM die, they do a mortal wound back on the roll of a 6, so you know you can throw a unit of 30 forward and at the very least they will cause some trouble as they die in droves. I had a unit of 30 take 20 or so casualties against Dan Heelans 15 strong unit of Temple Guard and they ended up doing 7 mortal wounds back to them at Warlords which was pretty nice.

So your best bet is keeping your Furnaces alive to augment your Monks, but it's pretty funny to see your opponents face when you throw it 14" forward on turn one sometimes. Not to mention good for racing to catch objectives. With the Talisman and Mystic shield on it becomes a bit harder to kill. And can hold stuff up for a turn or two. They soak up a lot of fire too because of the behemoth thing, allowing your monks to get across the table unharmed. I usually take 2 but recent games I only had room for 1 as I'm using the foulrain.

The Censer attack doesn't do much, or the wheels and spikes, infact it's more or less useless in combat, the priest sometimes does a bit as he has 3 attacks at D3 damage. It's best uses are as a kind of war altar , and for tactical movement like a chariot. Having a 12 wound model for synergies instead of a squishy 5 wound Verminus hero is pretty nice too and means you dont have to worry as much about it getting taken out so quickly.

I think there's upsides to both of the Clans, but without a movement gimmick like Sayle in your army, I think movement is always the hardest obstacle to overcome as they both suffer from no teleporting or movement tricks, and have to rely on run moves to move up fast, which can leave them stranded. 

I'm thinking of adding 3x 10 Clanrats, Epidemius and Sayle and possibly the legacy BSB chieftain to my army in future, but not sure yet if I want to loose the Pestilens allegiance just yet. Will wait to see what the new battle traits and artifacts are like when they come out first. And keep on practicing getting better with my movement. I think the trick with Pestilens is make them come to you as much as you can, which is why I'm using the Foulrain at the moment. But that doesn't help capturing objectives. You don't want your large units of PM capturing objectives, as they need to be tearing up face. So I think that's where either 10 man units of PM come in or 5 man units of CB. 

Here's a thought for my Eshin friends....

Load up Screaming Bell with Assassins

Surround Screaming Bell with Rats

Launch Bell at something you want dead

While snickering at your clever deceptiveness, get stabbed-stabbed by rival

Archived