AoS - But with alternating activations

On 7/15/2022 at 3:38 AM, NinthMusketeer said:

I dunno... my experience with alternate-by phase lends itself pretty strongly to the conclusion that full AA would take even longer than that does, and I do not see any reason on paper for why that would not be the case. I suppose if anyone tries it they can come back and tell us.

In my experience with all AA games (MCP, Malifaux, and literally dozens others, some are GW like Necromunda, Kill team, blood bowl, but most are not) they take not only long but a great deal longer. There are games with only 8-12 models that has 2-3 simple actions and yet that single model takes longer than full units in AOS/40k. There are some that are "faster" like X-wing being 90min games (easily 120 with friends talking) but being 5 ships with very simple rules taking 2hrs where a AoS game with a huge amount of more rules and models being not all that much longer in comparison. 

AA AoS seems fun (albeit you'll need a HUGE changes to many rules) We would really need to find a way to speed up the game.

EDIT: I want to make sure its clear, AoS is design to be fast, AA would great add time to the game, and I think many here are highly underestimating the time it will add. Having the think about ever action only after the other player moves, changing your plan every action, not being able to mass speed move, shoot, or spells, etc.... Even if you AA the phases (Play 1 does full hero phase then player 2 does full hero phase as an example) its still going to add a large amount of time bc hero phase and shooting becomes much more important as you can no stop charges so everyone will have even more actions to do than they normally would now.

Also a few problems that IDK if people are thinking about but anything that lets you double shoot, cast, move, fight all becomes insanely powerful.

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...