Looking for help from the Skaven vets!

Papapene

I absolutely love the skaven models and I'm going to start an army soon but which models... The store I play at is super competitive (it's ok we all enjoy it [emoji16]) and I want a super competitive skaven army BUT I have to love the models or I won't paint the damn things!

SO, I've been going through the warscrolls for days and I'm thinking Clan Skrye. I love the stormfiends and I'm liking the look of the warscroll battalion! Has anybody had any experience using the clan Skrye warscroll battalion and how competitive did you find it? I'm think probably tunnel in Stormfiends and warp fire throwers (4" from enemy models!!! Love it!). Have the stormfiends with shock gauntlets tie up the opposition while the warp fire throwers shoot the ****** out of them! Theory hammer looks legit but I also understand that theory hammer doesn't always work out in practice!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guy [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 2 units of Stormfiends. One with Warpfire Throwers and the second with Doomflyer Gauntlets (better choice than Shock Gauntlets, 3+ rerolling 1's from Battle Standard, 2+, -2 on charge, d3 damage). Unborrowing with Warpfire Throwers doesn't work that good, because you have to set the unit min. 9" away and the range of the weapon is 8". Sayl the Faithless is far better in deepstriking with shooting in the same turn.

You talk about the 200 points battalion? Costs too much, you also have to buy engineers, 100 points each. I've posted my competitive 1k list somewhere, but nothing wrong in pasting it once again: 1x Deceiver, 1x 3 Stormfiends with Warpfire Thrower, 2x 20 Clanrats (sometimes 20, 10, 10 if the scenario is objective-heavy), 1x 3 Jezzails. Lacks some heroes and battleshock immunity, you can't have everything in 1k, but it rocks for now. ;)

I think you might get better mileage out of Shock Gauntlets than Doomflayers in some cases: on a 6 or more to hit, you do d6 hits instead of 1. Assuming you roll perfectly, you can reach 24 attacks at 2 damage each. The nifty thing is, if you can boost the Stormfiends' to hit roll, say with a Packmaster, they'll do d6 hits on a lower number, like +5 or even +4, if you can stack hit modifiers. It's a sure way to obliterate most squads. In either case, melee Stormfiends beg to be taken with Packmasters; the +1 to hit and extra 1" is invaluable.

I agree that the Clan Skryre battalion is too much; by the time you've added up everything in the list, you'll barely have room for battleline. You still need to take Clanrats on top of these choices. I think you'll get better mileage out of the Verminus battalion, buffing up the battleline and Stormvermin, then taking a few Skryre units to supplement the list. 

I'm going to try 1k list on Friday at local gw. 

Hero

Arch Warlock

Battleline 

2 x 3 stormfiends

Artillery

Warp lightning cannon

Other rattling weapon team

1000 exactly.

Skryre is just fun . I either win or lose really fast . Lots of skaven gambling which is fun and fluffy. I'm happy ?good luck with your choices!

For when your ready for 2k. Literally just came up with this omw home lol

Arch-Warlock
Warlock Engineers
Stormfiends ×3
Stormfiends ×3
Skryre Acolytes ×10
Skryre Acolytes ×10
Poisoned Wind Mortar
Poisoned Wind Mortar
Ratling Gun
Ratling Gun
Warplock Jezzails ×6
Warp Lightning Cannon
Warp Lightning Cannon

2k exact. No idea if it's viable or competitive. Is it fluffy? Very fluffy...and soft and sparky too. Will it look awesome? Of course! Will it inspire fear and induce vomiting? Maybe...

Off the top of my head I would say melee up a stormfiend unit. The other can be 2 cannons and a grinder. Have the weapon teams walk along with the Acolytes. Keep the 2 warp lightning cannons opposite and put the jezzails in cover.....BOOOOOM

Ok guys so I've canned the idea of a strait skryre list. This is something I've come up with after looking at the warscrolls for a few more days.

-Tretch Craventail

- Cheiftain with battle standard

- Slaughterpriest

- Skaven Warlord

-Stormfiends x 3

-Stormfiends x 3

-Stormvermin x 30

- Acolytes x 10

- Warfire Thrower Team

- Warfire Thrower Team

- Warfire Thrower Team

- Doomflayer Weapon Team

- Clanrats x 10

- Clanrats x 10

- Clanrats x 10

Obviously this is just theory hammer currently but I'm thinking move the army up as a unit with Clanrats at the front as fodder and Try to crash into their line with the buffed up storm vermin then shoot the ****** outta the units over the back of the line with acolytes and have the Warfire throwers supporting the storm vermin. I would like the units of stormfiends on the flanks with the Slaughterpriest HOPEFULLY getting off his prayer that makes the unit of my choosing come running right into range of the stormfiends guns and then a charge. I then have a doomflayer weapon team and some more clan rats left over for capturing objectives and the like?? What do you guys think??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived