Underworlds Last Chance

I noticed today on the GW site that a significant number of Underworld’s war bands are now “ last chance” to purchase. This surprised me and I hope that GW reconsiders. 

I’ve found Underworlds to be an awesome source of needed hero models and alt sculpts in general. Guess I’m just sad to see this happening as I’m sure that I will start new armies in the future and hate to think that these great models will be gone.

There's another thread about it that lists them all, but it seems to have fallen off the front page now. It's a bummer for sure, and it's weird to see them discontinuing recent plastic kits that tend to be very high quality. I can only assume it's because nobody actually bought them. GW doesn't make decisions based on anything but the dollars and cents, and I guess some bean counter must have determined it costs them more money to keep the kits in regular production and stored somewhere than to discontinue them and bring them back to much FOMO fanfare once a year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I noticed today on the GW site that a significant number of Underworld’s war bands are now “ last chance” to purchase. This surprised me and I hope that GW reconsiders. 

I’ve found Underworlds to be an awesome source of needed hero models and alt sculpts in general. Guess I’m just sad to see this happening as I’m sure that I will start new armies in the future and hate to think that these great models will be gone.

Recent thread on that here that lists them all:

Orders on ones out of stock say it’ll take 180 days so looks like they’re moving to every half-year to help with the storage problems that both 40k & LotR already had to do rotations to assist with. 

If the ones you want are already gone then you can save up for a spending splurge then. That’s what I did when this news dropped for a bunch of the original Shadespire ones. :) 

• Like 1

They probably sold poorly because they were GW webstore only.

Also, they compete with their own heroes. Why buy a Khemist when you can buy Thundrik for less money and get bonus figs?

That Khemist costs less to produce, and GW loves their infantey heroes, because they have a ridiculous margin.

180 days is the delivery time on made-to order; it's not saying they'll come back in 6 months. It's saying that if you order now you may not get them for up to six months, but they will make them for you based on your order, as long as you get it in by the deadline. It's part of their discontinuation - they'll guarantee you can buy one if you submit an order by X date, even if it takes up to 6 months to get it to you. 

I would be extremely surprised if they bring them back sooner than a year from now, and quite possibly substantially longer than that. 

Edited by yukishiro1

1 hour ago, yukishiro1 said:

180 days is the delivery time on made-to order; it's not saying they'll come back in 6 months. It's saying that if you order now you may not get them for up to six months, but they will make them for you based on your order, as long as you get it in by the deadline. It's part of their discontinuation - they'll guarantee you can buy one if you submit an order by X date, even if it takes up to 6 months to get it to you. 

I would be extremely surprised if they bring them back sooner than a year from now, and quite possibly substantially longer than that. 

Technically, queen Helgar Longplaits, Space Warrior Jayne and Gabs could be in range rotation, as long as the molds exist. Chaos dwarf Blood Bowl models also returned.

I would treat them as squatted for expectations.

Edited by zilberfrid

Note that 180 days is one of GW's default time slots for "this product has no fixed slot so it gets cast when we get room." I've had models take that full allotment of time and some which arrived very swiftly. So it really varies, but GW will deliver, its just a warning that it could take longer than a week or two.