Stormbringer - Age of Sigmar partworks from Hachette info thread

EonChao

I'm curious what's in issue 13. That one is already sold out on Forbidden Planet from the looks of things. I wonder if there was a leak about something exciting in it to a scalper that's been picked up on or if it's just one that Forbidden Planet are stocking less of due to it being a paint issue.

Issue 9 is out and do we can now see that issue 11 is the Beast-Skewer Killbow.

There was a rumour last week on the Facebook group that someone said Hachette’s customer service told them it was:

11. Beast-Skewer Killbow

12. Stormstrike Chariot 

13. Paints

So this adds a little weight to that I guess

CCF34DD4-AFA5-4FC4-99F9-AC67D10E7746.jpeg

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

ah man that chariot will probably be cheaper even with the shipping price 😳 nice to see this taking off

I ordered a second copy of 12 to build both crew options because it is such a decent value. Just need to remember to cancel it if it isn’t that 😅

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So, I order issue 12 for just over £10 (with postage) and get the complete £32 Stormcast Chariot?

Is that right? And if so, what's the catch?

You are correct. The only real catch that affects one off purchases like this is limited stock, especially for the issues with big bargains like this one, I expect that this issue will be snapped up quite fast since the chariot is a desirable model but quite expensive cash-wise for the points. In the previous magazine run (Mortal Realms), you got some very steep discounts too, like the entire vanguard-raptors box including aetherwings with a single issue.

I imagine it's a combination of having a bit of stock left from kits that didn't sell as well as expected, using the discounts to entice new players, and making up some of the lower profit margins from subscribers who occasionally pay over the odds for an issue with just one or two paints.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

You are correct. The only real catch that affects one off purchases like this is limited stock, especially for the issues with big bargains like this one, I expect that this issue will be snapped up quite fast since the chariot is a desirable model but quite expensive cash-wise for the points. In the previous magazine run (Mortal Realms), you got some very steep discounts too, like the entire vanguard-raptors box including aetherwings with a single issue.

I imagine it's a combination of having a bit of stock left from kits that didn't sell as well as expected, using the discounts to entice new players, and making up some of the lower profit margins from subscribers who occasionally pay over the odds for an issue with just one or two paints.

Cool stuff. When they gonna do the Steam Tank issue? 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

The 'catch' is that for exactly same price with Issue 13 you'd get two paints to balance it out ;)

Is Fauxhammer's info official or a leak? I'm not asking about it's validity, just wondering how far in advance GW or Hachette confirm content for specific issues?

19 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Is Fauxhammer's info official or a leak? I'm not asking about it's validity, just wondering how far in advance GW or Hachette confirm content for specific issues?

It's official, my understanding is that he gets the info directly from Hachette. As far as GW is concerned, they probably discuss and coordinate the contents of the whole run with Hachette in the planning stage and after that they hand over the reins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

For Imperium Fauxhammer got the info direct from Hachette and posted it in advance. He's been apparently doing the same with Stormbringer but with Adepticon and his being ill it probably fell by the wayside that he covered it as late as he did. For Imperium he usually announced the next batch of issues about 4 weeks before the first one would come out if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any information/hints/guesses of when they'll start doing the non Stormcast and Kruelboys stuff?

I know there will be KOs and Sylvaneth and non Kruelboy greenskins, but any ideas/knowledge when?

(Just interested in the non premium releases)

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 11:54 AM, EntMan said:

Is there any information/hints/guesses of when they'll start doing the non Stormcast and Kruelboys stuff?

I know there will be KOs and Sylvaneth and non Kruelboy greenskins, but any ideas/knowledge when?

(Just interested in the non premium releases)

Not really, the only thing I'd say is that because they have the premium issues tying into the factions in the main run this time that's probably a guide. So at a guess I'd say we get mainly Stormcast and all the Kruelboyz first. We'll switch from Kruelboyz to Ironjawz in time to tie in the 2nd premium issue that comes in the delivery with issue 33. There's only 4 Ironjawz issues so they probably change to Gloomspite not long after that which will probably run until near the end of the collection for the Troggoth premium issue delivered with issue 69. Stormcast will likely switch for Kharadron in time for the issue 51 delivery and as there's only 4 kits my guess is they'll do the Sylvaneth issues after those. I think the Gargant will the be the last couple of issues

Obviously this is all guess work but it makes sense to tie in the premium issues to other releases for their factions so the scenarios in them can be a bit more expansive.

• Thanks 1

Any ideas why issue 17 is no longer available for pre-order on Forbidden Planet (if it ever was)? While all the issues around it still are?

Does someone have some early intel on what's in it?

Edited by EntMan

25 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Any ideas why issue 17 is no longer available for pre-order on Forbidden Planet (if it ever was)? While all the issues around it still are?

Does someone have some early intel on what's in it?

Last time it happened it turned out to be a paint issue and we think Forbidden Planet just ordered less of it than others. That said Fauxhammer has been pretty clear that he announces what's in the issues to his patreons before he posts it to his website so it could also be a good issue that's been scalped. That's why some people preorder every issue through FB and then cancel the ones they don't want.

• Like 1