Summoning - Which models are essential?

Arzalyn

Hello followers of Slaanesh

I come to you seeking your battlefield experience. I was putting on paper the cost of building some new armies, but I found a problem while calculating for the Hedonites. Its common knowledge that summoning is a huge part of the army in the current battletome and while lists are easy to find what units you need to have for summoning is a little less discussed. In the ideal world you would be able to choose any of the demons to summoned, but not everyone has the collection or the money to do so.

So my question is: Based on your experience which units you find are the essentials to have? Which ones do you generally summon and ways bring with your regular list for your games?

I would consider the truly essential summons to be Daemonettes en masse to provide bodies and screens (you'd want 30 available at a minimum I'd say, probably more like 50 to be safe), and a Keeper as a bully piece with the potential to swing a combat via double-activation when it shows up.  If you're doing cost analysis it's probably worth noting that you can get 10 daemonettes, 5 seekers, and an exalted chariot from the Slaanesh start collecting box, and the latter two units can also be valuable pieces for summoning (Seekers provide a wider screen than 10 daemonettes and are fast enough to steal far off objectives, and exalted chariots have a decent mortal wound output). 

Other interesting options are the Contorted Epitome and Infernal Enrapturess, but I probably wouldn't consider them essential summons that you're going to want in every game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 viceleader*

1-3 infernal enrapturess*

40 Deamonettes *

1 keeper of secret *

1 exalted bladebringer chariot

3 seeker chariots

5 seekers

* most often summoned in my games

I am currently assembling my unit of 3 seeker chariots to summon something that can do mortal wounds as we re very lacking in that regard. I m just concerned how much empty space I need to summon those guys in. Summoning a Viceleader won me the game last night as it was the only base size I could summon on an objective with enemies outside of 9 inches 

Edited by azdimy

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, azdimy said:

1 viceleader*

1-3 infernal enrapturess*

40 Deamonettes *

1 keeper of secret *

1 exalted bladebringer chariot

3 seeker chariots

5 seekers

* most often summoned in my games

I am currently assembling my unit of 3 seeker chariots to summon something that can do mortal wounds as we re very lacking in that regard. I m just concerned how much empty space I need to summon those guys in. Summoning a Viceleader won me the game last night as it was the only base size I could summon on an objective with enemies outside of 9 inches 

may i ask why you summon so many infernal enrapturesses? I love the model but (having not yet played a game with Slaanesh) am struggling to get it into lists but love the idea of summoning it. But three? Would love to know why?

When I look at the summoning table to me it looks like only worth summoning Keepers or blocks of Daemonettes!

9 hours ago, Carnelian said:

may i ask why you summon so many infernal enrapturesses? I love the model but (having not yet played a game with Slaanesh) am struggling to get it into lists but love the idea of summoning it. But three? Would love to know why?

When I look at the summoning table to me it looks like only worth summoning Keepers or blocks of Daemonettes!

It s our only summonable unit that can shoot. And you can shoot on the turn it gets summoned whereas charge is far from guaranteed on a 9 with 2D6