Vampire Lord -Crimson Feast stackable?

Tibus367

Question

"You can use this command ability in the combat phase.  If you do so, pick 1 friendly Soulblight Gravelords Summonable unit wholly within 12" of this model.  Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of that unit's melee weapons until your next hero phase.  The same unit cannot benefit from this command ability more than once per phase."

I have heard that the wording allows this benefit to stack.  So you can add 1 to the attack characteristic in your combat phase, then add another one in your opponent's combat phase.  Then if your opponent gets the double turn you can add it again in your opponent's next combat phase for three extra attacks.  Is this really true?  Or does the last sentence in  description mean you can't use it again on the same unit before your next hero phase, effectively capping this ability at one extra attack per unit?

6 answers to this question

@Tibus367 @Lich King

Core Rules FAQ, bottom of the section on older command abilities (from pre 3.0 battletomes).

"Some older command abilities say either that they cannot be used more than once per phase or that a unit cannot benefit from them more than once. These instructions can be ignored because the core rules no longer allow you to use the same command ability more than once in the same phase."

So you now ignore the final sentence and the ability can be stacked across multiple turns. 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:51 AM, Liquidsteel said:

The ability was FAQd and they removed the last sentence about benefitting more than once per phase.

As it stands, the ability can be stacked up to 3 times.

Where is that?  I am not seeing it in the latest FAQ.  The app still has the last sentence in the warscroll.

It’s not in the faq - the original wording still exists. So the way I see it - it says explicitly that the unit cannot Benefit more than once per phase. That even means that if the VL already has it from previous combat phase and you want to issue it again on him in the new combat phase - he can receive it. However - he cannot Benefit from extra attacks since the wording on the end explicitly states Benefit. So once he sends his initial attacks to a unit, they cannot double up on it - he would better buff a different unit.

The argument would come and say it’s a brand new ability so he’s giving the bonuses from that new one - but I contest from the words Benefit and per Combat Phase ( not the phase they were issued and received but in any combat phase they can only benefit from it once - even if it was issued again and again successfully .)

3 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

@Tibus367 @Lich King

Core Rules FAQ, bottom of the section on older command abilities (from pre 3.0 battletomes).

"Some older command abilities say either that they cannot be used more than once per phase or that a unit cannot benefit from them more than once. These instructions can be ignored because the core rules no longer allow you to use the same command ability more than once in the same phase."

So you now ignore the final sentence and the ability can be stacked across multiple turns. 

I see - this is why I play as rules intended over rules as written because this makes 0 sense and GW cannot write anything coherently. 

Hnnnn i think i wont use it more than one time in my games.

Yes i get you,raw we can argue that is posible stack it,but i feel that i gonna be "that guy" if i try play it in any game.

So i prefer getting only one attack untill gw says somethimg more specific

• Thanks 1