Dispossessed!

Coganaut

Hey everyone.

I recently bought a bunch of dispossessed and they included a NiB iron breakers/irondrakes. I am not sure what to build them as, as this is a new faction for me and havent played much. 

Heres what I have so far: 3x 10 Iron Breakers (possibly longbeards not sure), 3x 10 Warriors with great weapons, 2x 10 warriors with Shields, 4x 10 quarrelers, 2 organguns, 2 cannons, 2 bolt throwers, a grudge thrower, engineer, Rune Lord, and a a dwarf on a shield carried by 2 other dwarves [can find this dude in the warscrolls yet]

So what do you thik i shouldbuild these guys as? Also what do you think I should.look at adding next? I was thinking a warden king and a unforged to do the formation in the order book.

Hi @Coganaut, welcome to Dispossessed. If you've already got three units of Ironbreakers you should definitely build the unassembled guys as Irondrakes for more variety/options. Don't forget to add a trollhammer torpedo on the unit champion!

An Unforged and Warden King to meet the requirements for the tasty formation in the Grand Alliance: Order book sound like a good shout. Dwarf Lords on foot are now Warden Kings under matched play, so you shouldn't need to buy a new WK.

As far as expanding your force beyond that, take a look at Joseph Bugman + rangers and Dwarf Miners from the Dwarf warscroll compendium to give your force some much needed early game mobility to jump on objective in scenarios involving them if you can track down the models!

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-dwarfs-en.pdf

@Dawnmane yeah exactly like what double misfire posted. Except mine are just black.. and round bases.

I've been doing some reading, it seems thst iornbreakers are way better than longbeards so will need to pick up a couple boxes I think. 

The bix I have now I build as irondrakes last night, like the idea of placing them behind a shield wall and just toasting anything that gets too close. 

Took a gander at the artillery that I have and was curious if you all that have played them could let me know what works best. I tested the organ guns out in a smaller game and they were... ok? Even with a engineer next to both had 3 jams (1 each turn). I like the sound of the bolt thrower but the cannon seems like it will have better damage output. With the rune of skewing the most damage will be a 4 on each shot. With the rune of accuracy 3 to hit and 2 to wound with a rend -2 and finally a d6 damage, this seems a little better on paper. Finally I also have a grudge thrower which with an added engineer seemsto be somewhere in the middle. 

I want to make a 2000 point list so that gives me 3? Warmachines i believe. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2016 at 4:48 PM, Double Misfire said:

The Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearers has compendium rules as a Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearers for 160 points. lrn2 warscroll.

Where did you find the compendium points. Saved the link somewhere but can't seem to find it again. 

23 hours ago, stato said:

He probably found them back in 2016 where this thread originated xD

Finally found them though! (just in case anybody happens on this comment searching for the same thing, they are now on the last page of the compendium pdf's downloadable here: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/searchResults?qty=com.gamesworkshop.endeca.EndecaUserContext%4052ed88b2&sorting=&view=&Ntt=compendium

Archived