Araby in CoS

Mandzak-Miniatures

I have been working on my Araby project for a while now and decided it was time to build a list to have some goals to work towards rather than haphazardly converting things.

The idea behind the list is to include an array of diverse units that represent what Araby is all about, so it isn’t competitive. Although I’d like it to be fun. I have a tenuous idea of how things work so feel free to make suggestions. Not sure which city this list could be, maybe Hallowheart.

Hero’s:

nomad (sheik)

cele-p (djinn)

hurricanum w/mage (vizier/ sultan on elephant)

BL:

sotw x 20 (archers)

sott (desert magi)

eternal guard (spearman)

Phoenix guard (royal guard)

retributors (ogres)

gyrocopter (Carpet bomber)
Behemoth:

flamesypre Phoenix (efreeti)
Total is 1990

Would have liked 2 gyros, not sure if eternal guard vs freeguild (sword n board) or better to drop the Phoenix for a hydra and Phoenix guard for great swords. Just to shuffle points but also trying to keep base sizes the same. Another wizard hero would have been great.

Think I’ll try to come up with a settlers gain list.

F6827250-A7BF-41F4-A295-B6CE541485EC.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheGrimKnight said:

It's a shame we cant have a game, I made a bretonnia styled CoS army. I also used hallowheart to represent the powers of the lady. 

That would be awesome, just like the old world.

If Bret was still a thing I would most likely be using them for list building since a lot transfers over.

what is your CoS like? Since I don’t play I am not keen on any synergies with units, so I am looking to learn.

7 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

That would be awesome, just like the old world.

If Bret was still a thing I would most likely be using them for list building since a lot transfers over.

what is your CoS like? Since I don’t play I am not keen on any synergies with units, so I am looking to learn.

this is for the most part my list I go for. i play in a narrative/semi competitive group. I havent been able to use it much as my state keeps going back in the red with covid. 

also the remaining points goes to a mounted warrior priest from the most recent FAQ that granted it the cos keyword. with curse. 

I also like hallowheart for the anti magic protection that's the ladies blessings. 

last thing as well, I've had to convert or go 3rd party models outside the knights. I for a couple boxes of knights of the realm then GW decided to cut me off. I'd kill for 10 questing knights for their uninflated prices....

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Hallowheart
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
grail knight foot (110)
Anointed
- General
paladin (100)
Freeguild General
pegasus lord (110)
Knight-Azyros

Battleline
peasant archers (210)
20 x Freeguild Crossbowmen
- Reinforced x 1
men at arms-pole arms (170)
20 x Freeguild Guard
- Halberds
- Reinforced x 1
foot squires -sword/shield (85)
10 x Freeguild Guard
- Swords and Shields
grail knights on foot (350)
20 x Phoenix Guard
- Reinforced x 1

Units
mounted yoemen (115)
5 x Dark Riders
mounted yoemen (115)
5 x Dark Riders
mounted yoemen (115)
5 x Dark Riders
rangers (120)
10 x Shadow Warriors
grail knights (140)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders
- Allies
grail knights (140)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders
- Allies

Total: 1880 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 145
Drops: 13

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheGrimKnight said:

this is for the most part my list I go for. i play in a narrative/semi competitive group. I havent been able to use it much as my state keeps going back in the red with covid. 

also the remaining points goes to a mounted warrior priest from the most recent FAQ that granted it the cos keyword. with curse. 

I also like hallowheart for the anti magic protection that's the ladies blessings. 

last thing as well, I've had to convert or go 3rd party models outside the knights. I for a couple boxes of knights of the realm then GW decided to cut me off. I'd kill for 10 questing knights for their uninflated prices....

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Hallowheart
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
grail knight foot (110)
Anointed
- General
paladin (100)
Freeguild General
pegasus lord (110)
Knight-Azyros

Battleline
peasant archers (210)
20 x Freeguild Crossbowmen
- Reinforced x 1
men at arms-pole arms (170)
20 x Freeguild Guard
- Halberds
- Reinforced x 1
foot squires -sword/shield (85)
10 x Freeguild Guard
- Swords and Shields
grail knights on foot (350)
20 x Phoenix Guard
- Reinforced x 1

Units
mounted yoemen (115)
5 x Dark Riders
mounted yoemen (115)
5 x Dark Riders
mounted yoemen (115)
5 x Dark Riders
rangers (120)
10 x Shadow Warriors
grail knights (140)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders
- Allies
grail knights (140)
5 x Vanari Dawnriders
- Allies

Total: 1880 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 145
Drops: 13

Oh how I wish those freeguild archers remained in the game legally. Such characterful models and would have loved some basic archers with the lower point cost.

have you considered using settlers gain for the 1:4 sce and 1:4 LRL coalition?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edmc78 said:

These are amazing. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Thugmullet said:

What a fantastic and unique army idea.

Will look stunning on the table and from what you've shown so far looks like you got the skills to pull it off.

Hopefully you'll post some pictures of some completed stuff as you get along. Be well worth the view.

Well the original djinn is finished, I want to make a larger one but got stuck on pose.

The royal guard concept has been fleshed out, things not shown are the shields and mixed in halberds. The mix of armor scale mail and shield was supposed to count as the plate on the Phoenix guard.. However with trying to cram more things in these might need to become greatswords.  So I may have to change them to use actual 2handers. I never understood why all “elite” units use 2handers.

I’m current working on the archer concept. I didn’t want to do a ton of sculpting on every unit, but everyone likes the coat version rather than leather cuirass.

efreeti/ fire elemental is a heavily sculpted over treelord, have it but haven’t started making the branches into flames. If I wanted to save points I could use it as a hydra instead, same base size, hurls fire and fire are regenerative.

basic spearmen are needing to be sorted out. Then again if I went all freeguild I’d save points, though it’s always blown my mind why the freeguild spearmen cannot use shields.. probably use deathkorps bodies for these

I made another Hallowheart list to include a Knight incantor (vizier) and praetors (ogor bodyguard).

Had to split the sotw into two groups to be able to get the third SCE unit. Phoenix also turned into a hydra.

I could drop the spears, add another copter and upgrade the Knight incantor but figure right now there’s more diversity and either way the list is still Garbo lol

2FB389A5-00EC-4FCB-B03C-BF3E0ED45F08.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t need any reinforced units. With everything being conversion heavy it makes my work load easier, this also frees up space for other things!

one list leaves space for Krondys (big djinn) and budget fire elemental “hydra”

another includes cele-p as a djinn, a frost Phoenix as tempest elemental and a hydra as a budget fire elemental but also includes 2 copters (carpet bombers)

the other list has both frost and fire Phoenix as the full “elemental” and cele-p.

of course I could just do one elemental and include some other unit, and none of these lists are meant to win games, just fun to map out what I could make!

9CC93722-5299-4D4E-BEED-DCA0838A5F78.jpeg.cf772826d828e0f0cfd8ed1d2f5ad859.jpeg2B896B14-AE8C-4E9E-A96F-215242C3CB9D.jpeg.aea6962eac4642f7e1936096b4faadf2.jpeg

CDBDAF6E-9109-481B-8F6F-82876994393C.jpeg