Frostlord on stonehorn

Dream

@Soup Dragon Will do! Honestly we played like 5 or 6 games with the rules flat wrong(yes we are retarded noobs) and all the things we were doing wrong really added up and made it unstoppable, or nearly unstoppable. Another important one that I didn't mention in my last post was that the stonehorn cant use the destruction move AND run, then charge. (If you do the destruction move you cant run, which is kinda weird cause it makes that special rule kinda worthless/redundant).

@Arkiham Its funny, one post you are telling my to use terrain and then in the next your telling me to not ****** the guy over with terrain. hahaha! We didnt use all the new pieces I made on one board, I made all that stuff for the 2 tables we usually have going on monday nights.  Also, are you a moderator? Because I'm a crass adult, you can censor me all you want but at this point in my life I'm not going to change. MURICA. If seeing ***** is too much for you, well...

8 minutes ago, Dream said:

@Soup DragonAnother important one that I didn't mention in my last post was that the stonehorn cant use the destruction move AND run, then charge. (If you do the destruction move you cant run, which is kinda weird cause it makes that special rule kinda worthless/redundant).

@Arkiham

This one you got right the first time. ? He cannot roll D6 (+2) then run D6 in the hero phase but he is free to run the stonehorn in the movement phase. Wierd wording I know.

@Andreas Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing, but you cant rampaging destroyers in the hero phase and then run in the movement phase. Under the rampaging destroyers rule in the GHB it says "The unit can move a number of inches equal to the dice roll as if it were the movement phase, but cannot run. This does not affect their ability to move again later in the turn"

So he can either use the rampaging destroyers 'run' or run in the movement phase, but not both. Right? at least that's what I'm reading.

He can use rampaging destroyer to move (D6) in the hero phase as moving in the movement phase but without the option to run. Then in the movement phase he can move again and this time he can make a run move if he wants. It is written the way it is to not make someone think "as in the movement phase, in the movement phase I can run lets roll two D6 in the hero phase".

I dont play BCR, I just remember this discussion in another thread so maybe some one else can confirm this. 

31 minutes ago, Andreas said:

He can use rampaging destroyer to move (D6) in the hero phase as moving in the movement phase but without the option to run. Then in the movement phase he can move again and this time he can make a run move if he wants. It is written the way it is to not make someone think "as in the movement phase, in the movement phase I can run lets roll two D6 in the hero phase".

I dont play BCR, I just remember this discussion in another thread so maybe some one else can confirm this. 

"as in the movement phase, in the movement phase I can run lets roll two D6 in the hero phase".

Wouldn't that then imply that you get your regular movement in the hero phase as well, otherwise why would you be running in the hero phase? You cant move or run in the hero phase at all. So RD(rampaging destoryers)+move but no 'run' in the hero phase, then move normally in the movement phase? The stonehorns rule is just that it has to attempt a charge if there is a model within 12, even if it ran. Its not that it can always run and charge.

37 minutes ago, Dream said:

Wouldn't that then imply that you get your regular movement in the hero phase as well, otherwise why would you be running in the hero phase? You cant move or run in the hero phase at all. So RD(rampaging destoryers)+move but no 'run' in the hero phase, then move normally in the movement phase? The stonehorns rule is just that it has to attempt a charge if there is a model within 12, even if it ran. Its not that it can always run and charge.

The stonehorn can move D6 (regular move) in the hero phase but it can not run. In the movement phase it can move (regular move) and run (if he wants to) ie. rampaging destroyer do not effect your movement in the movement phase just your (extra) movement in the hero phase.

The discussion regarding this I think you can find in the Ironjaws thread, (I am tempted to starting Ironjaws), but as always play the way you and your friend think makes most sense.

But I get what you are saying it is worded poorly.

@AndreasHuh, Ill look for that thread. Seems weird that they would write a rule telling you you cant do something you already cant do(move or run in the hero phase) I always thought that "as in the movement phase" meant that you could move your models wherever you wanted as long as they don't end up within 3" of something and maintain unit coherency.

Also, to further my argument. The rules for running state, "When you pick a unit to move in the movement phase, you can declare that it will run. Roll a dice and add the result to the move characteristic of all models in the unit for the movement phase. a unit that runs cant shoot or charge later that turn."

There is no way that the "The unit can move a number of inches equal to the dice roll as if it were the movement phase, but cannot run." part of the RD rule is referring to running in the hero phase imo. It says you can move normally later, but it just said that you cannot run. SO YOU CANNOT RUN! lol

3 hours ago, Dream said:

@Soup Dragon Will do! Honestly we played like 5 or 6 games with the rules flat wrong(yes we are retarded noobs) and all the things we were doing wrong really added up and made it unstoppable, or nearly unstoppable. Another important one that I didn't mention in my last post was that the stonehorn cant use the destruction move AND run, then charge. (If you do the destruction move you cant run, which is kinda weird cause it makes that special rule kinda worthless/redundant).

@Arkiham Its funny, one post you are telling my to use terrain and then in the next your telling me to not ****** the guy over with terrain. hahaha! We didnt use all the new pieces I made on one board, I made all that stuff for the 2 tables we usually have going on monday nights.  Also, are you a moderator? Because I'm a crass adult, you can censor me all you want but at this point in my life I'm not going to change. MURICA. If seeing ***** is too much for you, well...

theres using terrain to play, and there's blatantly making the game rubbish for your opponent. 

while i am not a moderator others are, and considering it takes more effort to self moderate yourself with **** you may as well not even bother typing them, this is a pleasant, mature ( ish :P ) site to use and id like it to stay that way 

1 hour ago, Dream said:

@AndreasHuh, Ill look for that thread. Seems weird that they would write a rule telling you you cant do something you already cant do(move or run in the hero phase) I always thought that "as in the movement phase" meant that you could move your models wherever you wanted as long as they don't end up within 3" of something and maintain unit coherency.

Also, to further my argument. The rules for running state, "When you pick a unit to move in the movement phase, you can declare that it will run. Roll a dice and add the result to the move characteristic of all models in the unit for the movement phase. a unit that runs cant shoot or charge later that turn."

There is no way that the "The unit can move a number of inches equal to the dice roll as if it were the movement phase, but cannot run." part of the RD rule is referring to running in the hero phase imo. It says you can move normally later, but it just said that you cannot run. SO YOU CANNOT RUN! lol

All of the wording for RD is about the Hero Phase only.

It clearly states that it does not affect your movement in the Movement Phase at all.

So the "run" limitation is only for the Hero Phase, where it says you can move as if it were the Movement Phase, only in the Hero Phase, and you cannot run as part of this movement.

That is why it is worded that way.

Otherwise, people would try to run as part of the RD movement in the Hero Phase, or say you cannot run during the Movement Phase.

Just now, Choombatta said:

All of the wording for RD is about the Hero Phase only.

It clearly states that it does not affect your movement in the Movement Phase at all.

So the "run" limitation is only for the Hero Phase, where it says you can move as if it were the Movement Phase, only in the Hero Phase, and you cannot run as part of this movement.

That is why it is worded that way.

Otherwise, people would try to run as part of the RD movement in the Hero Phase, or say you cannot run during the Movement Phase.

Damn, well this means my army just got a lot faster. I havent been running after RD+ironfist and move. Will help some when I want to get my stupid warchater into posistion. And yea I guess the stonehorn does have another +d6 to its threat bubble.

This has been a learning experience.

I'm in a toss up between Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz for a major force. Right now I have some lists in mind. 

Bonesplitterz
Icebone Warclan:
Snaga Rukk:
Maniak Wierdnob ×2
Maniak Boarboys 4×5
Warrgog Prophet
Separate units: Kunnin Rukk:
Savage Orruks 4×10
Savage Orruks Arrowboys ×30
Savage Big Boss

And Ironjawz...

Ironjawz
Ironfist:
Brutes 2×5 w/choppas
Brutes ×10 w/jagged hackas
Weirdfist:
Weirdnob Shaman
Ardboys 4×10 w/shields
Orruk Megaboss
Weirdnob Shaman

Bonesplitterz are basically a f-u to all monsters no matter what. Plus all the bodies and speed allows are everything else to be accomplished...in theory.

The ironjawz one is kinda a strange general purpose one. Bodies+super range mortal wounds with super fast brutes. 

Archived