Events UK: Age of Santa - Cardiff - 10/11th DEC 16

Paddy O'Sullivan

Well done to @Paddy O'Sullivan and all the players for making it such a great weekend.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself just hanging out and getting to play 3 1/2 games as spare player vs some great people. There was an cool mix of existing mates and I also got to meet some new people as well which is always nice - shout outs to @bottle for being a nice guy with an awesome army and @BlackBass for one of the most fun games I've played.

Congrats to all the winners, but especially @Cowboy Boots Matt for his emphatic win and @Paul Buckler for 3rd and Best Sports. Goes without saying that Gimore's army is utterly stunning. I consider myself a decent painter, but he is on another level.

Well done to the Dorset Doggers as a whole for just being a great group of guys to be around, always smiling and having fun. Such a pleasure to be around you all :) 

Thanks to @Forestreveries & @Superpotts for a super fun Friday night. Apologies I wasn't really feeling it on the Saturday. I'm pretty sure @Lhw was pleased though as it meant he got to listen to me and Aaron watching Ninja Sex Party videos on Youtube in the hotel room for an hour or so instead!!

Also thanks to Will for driving...obviously we had a bit of a disaster at the end that left us with a tough decision to make. The important thing is that everyone got home safe though.

Probably missed something, but yeh. Solid weekend boys and girls, thanks :D xx

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 4

Big thank you to everyone that came to Age of Santa this weekend, My life as TO was made very easy with the help of everyone who attended and the great staff at firestorm games.

I wanted to run a laid back tournement where people got to play five games of AOS straight out of the Generals handbook, Great to see so many new faces and hopefully we can run it again next year, with everyone who came this year having first choice on tickets next time.

Big shout out to @Chris Tomlin for all his help, couldn't have done it without him.

Congratulations to @Cowboy Boots Matt The perfect winner for my first tournement, did well in his games, lovely painted army and great sports. 

RESULTS

1. Matt Lyons (1st place.)

2. Donal Taylor

3. Paul Buckler (Best sports.)

4. Tom Hutchings.

5. Mathew Croad.

6. Chris Lewis.

7. William Morriss.

8. Mathew Arnold.

9. Laurie Huggett-Wilde

10. Paulo Zanesco

11. Sam Pearson

12. Aaron Bailey

13. Richard Morley

14. James Eveleigh

15. Elliot O'Neill

16. Steven Philips.

17. Ian Gilmore (Best Army.)

18. Jenny Lyons

19. William Philpott

20. Spare player.

Thank you one and all.

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words @Paddy O'Sullivan - I had a great weekend and it was a great introduction for Jen to the scene. She commented that everything was perfect and was genuinely looking forward to her games.

I had 4 top games and I enjoyed the 1/5th of the game I played against Tom! 

I can't think of any improvements as it was soooo casual - genuinely loved that (just like Paddy).

Congrats on the winners and Paddy's lovely assistant @Chris Tomlin

• Like 4