Attack per model and garrison

Doko

Question

How work the models with 1 attack for model,as gyricopter or new lumineth swordmaster with the garrison?

They get one attack for every model inside of the garrison if they attack to the garrison?

I think yes but i cant find nothing 

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Doko said:

How work the models with 1 attack for model,as gyricopter or new lumineth swordmaster with the garrison?

They get one attack for every model inside of the garrison if they attack to the garrison?

I think yes but i cant find nothing 

I also think yes. It's described as, if you're in range of the object in which they are garrissoned, you're in range of all the occupants right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We play like that (and I think that it's how it is intended to be played), but Garrison rules has some missing parts and rare interactions:

The range and visibility to or from a garrisoning unit is determined to or from the terrain feature instead.

The range and visibility "to or from" means that when you need to mesure range and see if they have LoS, you do it from the garrison. That's easy understandable, the main point is that we are talking about units and not models.

Units must treat a terrain feature garrisoned by the enemy as if it were an enemy model.

I'm sure that this was written to say that you can move near 3" of that unit and all this type of stuff. But because of that, it's a bit confusing cause 95% of the habilities and attacks target units and not models.  But some abilities turns out when the attack, spell or ability interacts with models (as SCE Decimators or Lumineth Bladelords). Using a normal sequence:

1. In order to make an attack with a melee weapon, a model must be in range of the target unit. (first point).
  2. The Attacks characteristic of a Thunderaxe is equal to the number of enemy models within 2" of the attacking model when the number of attacks made with the weapon is determined. (the enemy treat a garrisoned unit as "an enemy model"...? that means only one? but there are a lot of dudes in that house!! it does not make sense)
  3. Normal attack sequence with...1 attack?

Something like that creates strange interaction with other abilities that specifically target/pick "1 model", like the "Crushing Grip" from Dankhold Troggboss:

1. In order to make an attack with a melee weapon, a model must be in range of the target unit. (first point).
  2. Do not use the attack sequence for an attack made with a Crushing Grip. Instead, pick 1 enemy model (garrison os treated as "a model") that is in range of the attack (point one) and roll a dice. If the roll is equal to or greater than the Wounds characteristic of that model, it is slain. (I'm pretty sure that a whole garrison "can't be slain"...).

My whole point is that the garrison rule description needs a bit more polishing, but @zilberfrid and @Joseph Mackay are completely right.