Question on Roll triggered abilities: Black Orruk Boss

Aaron Schmidt

Yes and under matched play rules (outta the box) he would not get an extra attack if he subsequently rolled another 5 or 6. 4+ if a warchanter buffs him as well. 

There is a post somewhere on these forums where we talk about the ardnob ( a  @Chris Tomlin name coin for the Black Orc big boss) and I have a maths ramble about him in it a bit, the 2 choppas is a good little throw away character though my personal preference is with a 2hander

Yeah, re-reading him made me think he had some good utility. You probably won't see his command ability in action (unless he gets a battlefield promotion), but he is a hitter in the meantime.  Very likely to get 7 attacks in. I dig it. So, there are cases of things which require a natural 6 in AoS? 

My one nitpick about how that rule was written is that it seems like it should have been worded '6 or more'. Meh.

This is why I'm a huge fan of Grimgor Ironhide as a General, sure a Megaboss can be nastier, but adding +1 to Hit within 10", plus gaining a +1 to hit from his own ability if any Orruk heroes are nearby, with his attacks, is incredibly vicious becoming 1+ 3+ -2 rend and 2 damage for 4 attacks.

Add in your other hero as a Greenskinz Warboss with Waaagh Banner, and you're re-rolling half your failed to wound rolls (the 1's)

If you can convince your opponent that Da Immortulz are in fact, 'Ard Boyz, then you can also get a unit, hitting on 3+, wounding on 3+, or 2+/3+ if you also use a Warchanter and re-rolling 1's to hit and wound (Da Immortulz re-roll 1's to hit, Waaagh Banner re-rolls 1's to wound)

All in all, it'd certainly make most enemy units think twice...

6 hours ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Yeah, re-reading him made me think he had some good utility. You probably won't see his command ability in action (unless he gets a battlefield promotion), but he is a hitter in the meantime.  Very likely to get 7 attacks in. I dig it. So, there are cases of things which require a natural 6 in AoS? 

There is - the Legion of Azgohr pyrelock weapons (pistols and fireglaives) do double damage with a wound roll of 6 - not 6 or more. A bit of a bummer, as there could have been good synergy going on there with the Castellan's command ability.

That is surely a typo - it's a Forgeworld Scroll after all, so hasn't been properly cross-checked. do you really think that they intended there to be exactly one exception from all the many rules that trigger on a 6 or more. In any event, the +1 to wound says "may" add (discretionary), so you could add it to the fives and not add it to the sixes to reach the right result.  

Archived