Scenery Basing Help

boots468

Hello - I'm looking at sprucing up my table's terrain and I'm struggling to base the scenery (trees, rocky piles, buildings etc).

Traditionally I'd use the fantasy modular movement trays, cut to the right sizes, but they've been discontinued now and the alternatives I'd tried have been too brittle (acrylic) or too thick for easy cutting using my existing tools (which are basically just clippers and files).

I could try thin MDF / wood, but I don't really have space / money for buting wood saws / files / vices just for basing a handful of terrain pieces.

Any good ideas, community?

Thanks,

One idea for mdf i've used is to get on ebay and buy precut - they often come on random shapes, big and small! I tend to shave the edges in to a bevel with a knife then they are ready to go.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/scatter-Terrain-bases-for-warhammer-40k-wargames-bolt-action-mdf-scenery-/122065613935?hash=item1c6bad746f%3Ag%3AI0sAAOxyoBtTjjV9&_trkparms=pageci%253Ad2080689-6b91-11e6-831d-74dbd1a0b865%257Cparentrq%253Ac70f1dfb1560a357f39b3bd5fff9c470%257Ciid%253A3

I've had these before - few are oddly shaped but most are great for smaller 'scatter terrain'

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived