What is THE monster in your opinion?

So I'm a fan of Seraphon/ Lizardmen, so this is a very tricky challenge for me. All of their dinosaurs are fantasic models, and I dearly love every single one of them. However, there are a few models which just knock them out of the park. In terms of sheer draconic awesomeness, I love the old Carmine dragon, and the Hydra is also great. I think that Morathi's serpentine form is terrific, and I've finally added her to my collection.

However my favourite of all time is another forge world sculpt that alas is no longer with us. The Dread Maw. It is the perfect sand worm, and I love it to bits. Mine will see use for a long time to come, if not in AoS then in every other game I play.

Here she is menacing some hapless villagers!IMG_2795.JPG.24ea8a20dd9670f62eb1d27b9875f65c.JPG

Edited by EccentricCircle

The "best" monster is probably the Zombie Dragon or a Megaboss on Mawcrusha.
The coolest IMO is either the Magma Dragon or the Incarnate Elemental of Beasts.
Overall though I think Skalok beats all of em for anything outside of a playable game.

I´m really torn between

...Magmadroth. Gamewise it´s subpar I think, but it looks amazing.

...Rogue Idol. Love this thing. Thinking about starting a Orruks Warclan army just to be able to field this guy.

...Skarbrand. Who doesn´t like a fallen greater Daemon?

...Great Unclean One. I own three of them, these were my number one monsters until...

...Keeper of Secrets. It´s just so amazing. It´s one hell of a cool looking model. Very well done by GW. IMO it perfectly represents its background.

The Realm of Beasts itself. Animalistic planets, mountains and seas that eat eachother & lesser prey and big honorable mention the the Gnashing Jaws themselves as the prime predator of armies.

300px-Ravenak's_Gnashing_Jaws_01.jpeg

Otherwise Magmadroth with it's scorching blood, the graceful Leviadon, the majestic Wardroth Beetle which can turn into a swarm of fireflies and then the glorious Stardrake making the stars themselves rain on the foe.

Technically daemons are monsters rules-wise but when I think of more classical creatures that are part of AoS and fit this thread, I'd go for the chimera. The model is dorky unfortunately but it's a fearsome creature indeed.

Being a big fan of the concept of chaos spawns and boundless mutation, I also love the Mutalith Vortex Beast.

It's unfortunate that so many cool creatures were made before GW stepped up their game big-time when it comes to plastic minis as we now won't see new ones anytime soon. I bet a new manticore, chimera and the like would be really epic. 

What I'd really like to see would be a new plastic chaos dragon. That thing could be amazing...