If a model flee from a failed battleshock does Cycle of the storm revive them with one or more wounds?

Vextir

Question

If a model flee from a failed battleshock does Cycle of the storm revive them with one or more wounds?

This came up in a game with a friend. We were doing a realm lord vs stormcast. The leader had my unit do the battle shock test instead of his. My cycle of the storm from my lord arcunum was still up. Can i revive a model that is fleeing/slain from the battleshock with it?

Does it come back with 1 wound or possibly more?

6 answers to this question

I would say no. 

Fleeing models are removed and count as slain. Essentially, the trigger (a model being slain) to choose to use the ability doesn't happen, and the slain status is applied retroactively.

Similarly, "as though it were X phase" abilities do not work with buffs that apply in X phase, and I believe that the FEC chalice, which activates after battleshock, doesn't count models that fled.

Unfortunately I think the answer is no

"Once per turn, when a friendly STORMCAST ETERNAL model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing the slain model, you can heal 1 wound allocated to it. This model cannot use this ability on itself."

No wounds are allocated in battleshock, the model is just considered slain but does not recieved any wounds that can be healed, or more specifically, negated. 

3 hours ago, Mattrulesok said:

Unfortunately I think the answer is no

"Once per turn, when a friendly STORMCAST ETERNAL model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing the slain model, you can heal 1 wound allocated to it. This model cannot use this ability on itself."

No wounds are allocated in battleshock, the model is just considered slain but does not recieved any wounds that can be healed, or more specifically, negated. 

It doesn't negate a wound. Read the rule straight:

1. Stormcast model is slain (battleshock counts as slain)
  2. Instead of removing this model, you can (meaning, may) heal 1 wound allocated to it.

As per how healing effects are treated across the board, a fully healed target is still eligible to receive healing effects, they just don't heal. In this case you would replace being slain with healing, and heal (presumably) no wounds unless the mini already had a wound allocated to it.

It's a weird interaction but I can't see any other viable interpretation. The only thing that's ambiguous is how many wounds it should have - I would say it probably has as many as it had before being removed +1 because battleshock doesn't allocate fresh wounds, it just counts as slain.

4 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

1. Instead of removing this model, you can (meaning, may) heal 1 wound allocated to it.

You can:

A) allocate wounds to the model, it is slain and removed 

B) allocate wounds to model, than heal 1 wound to prevent model being slain (hence why I refer to it as negating wounds). 

This mechanic is very clear that you heal a wound as it is being allocated, nothing else matters, if you are not allocating wounds that cause the model to be slain than you cannot activate this ability 

I do wish it was the other way around, I run a Lord arcanum in basically every list but the wording seems pretty clear to me