Tale of X online gamers

Kramer

Like September, not much time for me to paint. Managed to get  my Hexwraiths done though. Should have a bit more time the next few months...so aim is now to complete this year with Kurdoss, Reikenor and another unit of Reapers to go. Think I can do that, if nothing unexpected happens.

While painting I found out I actually had one  the scythes assembled the other way around. I found it way to fragile to try to correct it, so decided to  call it my first conversion ever (not counting the endless times things snapped of) ;) 

Hex05.jpg.cb0a8295cd0fc4243cc8ccb4d2138513.jpg

Hex11.jpg.69fdae2cdb0d78fb8f516fb3e6829568.jpg

202602905_PB026648(3).jpg.c17a97a27347d81bbf0374c0055f5f0f.jpgHex08.jpg.0568f013c73f9e88a3efbba4399cd859.jpg

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Kramer said:

Still needs a better lit picture. But your suggestion was ‘spot’ on! 
im gonna try a slightly darker variation and stick them both on the arcanum base to see if the contrast isn’t to big. But super happy with it. 
3153A5F1-0FF2-474B-90C0-9C9A0B0E60A9.jpeg.101c2ddc5a95f9f6cf32bbeb80417382.jpeg
17FE9D66-F081-4420-BCC4-F6F36A0352A9.jpeg.86fcde8877990992a3d208df6f954be6.jpeg

CFD72B55-834C-47D3-A65D-9F7453DD9EED.jpeg.a54bec07a10436c47ab1efc5ae6174cf.jpeg

That looks absolutely great, both the idea as the execution , might try something similar for the Frost Sabers, if I ever get to finish My Maw Tribe Army after the Nighthaunt.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sinarai said:

20201102_064638.jpg

Welcome to the club :) We all play this by our own rules I think, no rush at all. In fact if you ask me no one actually sticked to the original 4 months set to begin with unless I missed someone actually finished his/her army last month. Personally I just find that little extra motivation from this...like i.e. the last two months I had basically no time at all and in the past that could have easily led to a long period of inactivity, sometimes years. Now at least still make some progress, and finishing an army (which I never did in my entire life), became a realistic goal.

And  man,  what do I love that paint scheme on your aelves, looks very detailed as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eldarain said:

@Kramer As well you should be. It's going to look amazing. Will be interesting to see the results as I feel a darker version might increase contrast within the figure but detract from it when combined with the rider. Either way you'll have a couple great looking beaked doggos!

Welcome @Sinarai. Very cool and inspired conversion work there. If this challenge inspires people to even get a single extra figure done per month it's a great success. 

I appreciate it, it's definitely helping me already

2 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Welcome to the club :) We all play this by our own rules I think, no rush at all. In fact if you ask me no one actually sticked to the original 4 months set to begin with unless I missed someone actually finished his/her army last month. Personally I just find that little extra motivation from this...like i.e. the last two months I had basically no time at all and in the past that could have easily led to a long period of inactivity, sometimes years. Now at least still make some progress, and finishing an army (which I never did in my entire life), became a realistic goal.

And  man,  what do I love that paint scheme on your aelves, looks very detailed as well.

Ha, for sure! Keeping to deadlines can definitely be tough at times, especially with busy lives or just lack of motivation due to whatever.  

Thank you! Real happy with that first one, that group of 5 is going to look awesome when done :)

Hey all! Hope you are doing well! Today was a pretty good day, it was a bit warmer and good weather so I was able to prime a bit today, meaning I was able to prime Haset! 

I had an original color scheme in mind, but through trial, error and eventually listening to my gut I think I have a color scheme!

It's not the most traditional color scheme but I think when finished it'll really be something cool. These are just the base colors for now, but I plan to darken her skin up but for the pink and yellow I cant decide what to shade them with, crimson maybe? I have the purple contrast also i could thin a bit. I really like the original pink in the first couple photos, so still debating if I want to cover the yellow up or not. I regret (even though it was a good learning experience) painting over the original pink scheme lol 

Anyway! Here is my progress for the night, more time worked on her than Id care to admit, but we have started 🙂

C&C always welcome 

20201102_125054.jpg

20201102_145206.jpg

20201102_161320.jpg

20201102_161424.jpg

20201102_161457.jpg

20201102_161521.jpg

20201102_221950.jpg

20201102_221958.jpg

20201103_000322.jpg

20201103_000300.jpg

20201103_000343.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Oh sweet cow in the sky. @Sinarai those colours look amazing😍

Was writing this whole elaborate C&C that I found the yellow pink contrasting a bit harshly. Then I turned if night mode and it looks nice together again 😅 

Thank you very much! 

I think itll be better once her skintone is darkened up a bit, but night mode does that sometimes, haha!

Lots of work ahead.

Here's a better picture since my lightbox does a glare

20201103_010452.jpg

• LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Sinarai said:

Thank you very much! 

I think itll be better once her skintone is darkened up a bit, but night mode does that sometimes, haha!

Lots of work ahead.

20201103_010452.jpg

yeah, i'm now behind my coputer, but somewhere between your picture and my screen the yellow pink works much better now. 

But I find those tings so hard to judge before the surrounding pieces are painted anyway 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sinarai said:

Thank you very much! 

Lots of work ahead.

20201103_010452.jpg

Must admit, I am always feel a bit jealous when people do big conversions and use an very original pallet and actually make it work. Personally I am already happy if I manage to get somewhat close to what GW does withouth snapping of to many vital parts of the model. Really love how Hathor and Vishnu come together here, and it is just a start, looking forward on how you proceed with it. Intrigued.

Also just saw your mountain spirit in the other thread...Awesome....it has exactly the right mountain/volcano vibe over it, the green/yellow works perfectly with the red/orange, like nature itself. Best I have seen so far! I wasn't really sold by this model, but this completely changed my mind. 

20200925_054517.jpg.e374e666e92994f7aca0d0e051055bd9.jpg

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

9 hours ago, Lowki said:

Must admit, I am always feel a bit jealous when people do big conversions and use an very original pallet and actually make it work. Personally I am already happy if I manage to get somewhat close to what GW does withouth snapping of to many vital parts of the model. Really love how Hathor and Vishnu come together here, and it is just a start, looking forward on how you proceed with it. Intrigued.

Also just saw your mountain spirit in the other thread...Awesome....it has exactly the right mountain/volcano vibe over it, the green/yellow works perfectly with the red/orange, like nature itself. Best I have seen so far! I wasn't really sold by this model, but this completely changed my mind. 

The little landscape on the basing is genius! Like it is towering over a sea.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2020 at 1:45 AM, Kramer said:

yeah, i'm now behind my coputer, but somewhere between your picture and my screen the yellow pink works much better now. 

But I find those tings so hard to judge before the surrounding pieces are painted anyway 😅

Yeah, I have the central theme down now, but her sword and such I'm still like, "What to do..." lol. May do birch handles like other models

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lowki said:

Thank you, I really appreciate that and it's really some high praise, it also makes me really happy when people recognize the influences lol so kudos. I am certainly hoping to do them both justice, but also have my own spin on it of course! So far I'm happy with how shes looking.

I really love when people change their minds about the models, they truly are beautiful works of art. I really think everyone should paint one for the armor alone. I wont lie, glad I was apart of that haha. If you ever paint one up Id love to see it

My overall theme for my army is Rebirth & Destruction, the anchor theme is balance. My Spirit of the Mountain (Green) represents Rebirth as a dormant volcano with new life growing on it & Avalenor (Orange/Yellow) being Destruction with the active volcano and no viewable life growing. You can't have one without the other however,  and so they follow each other into battle ;)

Haset is meant to be that middle ground or Balance 🙂

I really appreciate the kind words!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kramer said:

The little landscape on the basing is genius! Like it is towering over a sea.

Thank you! That is pretty much what I intended, but more like the Amazon river (or originally in my head), though a sea does make them seem bigger 😋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinarai said:

Thank you! That is pretty much what I intended, but more like the Amazon river (or originally in my head), though a sea does make them seem bigger 😋

Haha I literally wanted to say amazon or nile. But while thinking what was more appropriate I thought it would be mean towards the vulcano 😂

• Like 1

Not sure how much more I'll get done tonight, but I wanted to share my Progress for WIP Wednesday :)! Not sure how often people usually post or if WIPs are a normal thing, but i just really like sharing lol I apologize if it turns into spam, let me know!

Began work on Haset's mask and Celestial Disc, combing elements of Hathor from Egyptian Mythology & my own homebrew this is where we are at!

Bit of homebrew headcanon:
The disc above Hast's head represents the Waxing and Waning of Hysh and Ulgu, and more to the point her own power. As a twin God, with her twin residing in Ulgu, her strength is tied to her twin; as ones power rises the others falls in a continuous cycle. The disc, like the twins cycle, is continually changing and shows which Realm and God is the dominant.

Having a lot of fun with this project ☺

IMG_20201104_214442_552.jpg

20201104_211655.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Sinarai said:

Not sure how much more I'll get done tonight, but I wanted to share my Progress for WIP Wednesday :)! Not sure how often people usually post or if WIPs are a normal thing, but i just really like sharing lol I apologize if it turns into spam, let me know!

Began work on Haset's mask and Celestial Disc, combing elements of Hathor from Egyptian Mythology & my own homebrew this is where we are at!

Bit of homebrew headcanon:
The disc above Hast's head represents the Waxing and Waning of Hysh and Ulgu, and more to the point her own power. As a twin God, with her twin residing in Ulgu, her strength is tied to her twin; as ones power rises the others falls in a continuous cycle. The disc, like the twins cycle, is continually changing and shows which Realm and God is the dominant.

Having a lot of fun with this project ☺

Great to see the whole gang assembled! The Celestial Disc is 🥰

I also really love @Kramer's cute Griffon Hound : ). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Great to see the whole gang assembled! The Celestial Disc is 🥰

I also really love @Kramer's cute Griffon Hound : ). 

Thank man! Everytime I do a little more work on her,  the more  she seems to fit in, I was worried at first lol

Slowly coming together! 

My Spirit of the Mountain has atm taken a slight back burner position lol

3 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

I couldn't find a sharpie but here's my sylvaneth pledge for november, keeping it small since I'm working a lot on chaos at the moment and the new DoK updates and boxset may also totally distract me but well as long as I'm getting some sort of hobby done!!

20201106_151352.jpg

Nice! Those look like fun to paint, lots of tempting stuff coming out for sure

• Like 2

As this is the only Morathi spoiler free part of the forum I’ll be going for some tga goodness here until Saturday 😂

im finishing my lord aquilor tonight! (I hope) 

BE0571FB-7DAC-45A0-AAD0-DA8499FF052B.jpeg.d6f6301458ed007250780d3df87d38f2.jpeg

then only the lord arcanum left and after some basing my Stormcast tale is compleet 💪

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

As this is the only Morathi spoiler free part of the forum I’ll be going for some tga goodness here until Saturday 😂

im finishing my lord aquilor tonight! (I hope) 

BE0571FB-7DAC-45A0-AAD0-DA8499FF052B.jpeg.d6f6301458ed007250780d3df87d38f2.jpeg

then only the lord arcanum left and after some basing my Stormcast tale is compleet 💪

I'll have to try and make progress this week so that you have something to peruse! ;)

Though finishing that anvil of apotheosis DoK chariot is calling me with the imminent release of Morathi...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lightbox said:

I'll have to try and make progress this week so that you have something to peruse! ;)

Though finishing that anvil of apotheosis DoK chariot is calling me with the imminent release of Morathi...

You better! 

oh that is cool. I have made some anvil character warscrolls. No conversions yet though. But a tyrant on mournfang is high on the list. 

• Like 1