The Age of the Bristling Beard!

8 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

But now that they are fighting we're gonna have to go stop them from doing something stupid, unsurprisingly. I say we get our attack in now before they start messing things up like last time. GRAB MY HAMMER, DWARF KIN, THE GREATHAMMER!

When are we marching thinblood cousins? The Dawi-zhar claim right of first blood as it is our god the thrice-damned elgi decided to steal!

Edited by TheR00zle
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

When are we marching thinblood cousins? The Dawi-zhar claim right of first blood as it is our god the thrice-damned elgi decided to steal!

I agree honourable cousins.

to take the icon of the mighty Hashut and to put balance it upon a body so tall and thin is a travesty.

and if they weren’t thin enough the wear silly tall hats in mockery of our tall hats in an attempt to make them appear even taller and thinner, and then... and then they balance the image of blessed Hashut on top out of laziness.

they just can’t accept that you don't get anywhere in this realm without a big hat, and now their lazy sniffing and coughing god tries to join in the fray by giving himself a REALLY big hat.

i mean what sort of so called magician doesn’t even bind the souls of daemons into rockets for crying out loud.... which he will do when they hit him as he hides behind his big rock.

and talking of which... er... where is our Kdaai Destroyer eh eh?

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I agree honourable cousins.

to take the icon of the mighty Hashut and to put balance it upon a body so tall and thin is a travesty.

and if they weren’t thin enough the wear silly tall hats in mockery of our tall hats in an attempt to make them appear even taller and thinner, and then... and then they balance the image of blessed Hashut on top out of laziness.

they just can’t accept that you don't get anywhere in this realm without a big hat, and now their lazy sniffing and coughing god tries to join in the fray by giving himself a REALLY big hat.

i mean what sort of so called magician doesn’t even bind the souls of daemons into rockets for crying out loud.... which he will do when they hit him as he hides behind his big rock.

and talking of which... er... where is our Kdaai Destroyer eh eh?

All I know honorable cousin, is that those blasted “mountain spirits”, do not belong with those arrogant beardless whelps.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

All I know honorable cousin, is that those blasted “mountain spirits”, do not belong with those arrogant beardless whelps.

Indeed.  There’s not even the faintest smell of ancestor spirit or bound daemon of which to speak of.

and they even mock the hammerers by making their own substandard copies of the tried and tested war hammer. 

they can’t make anything normal length can they everything is long and spindly

I bet when they eat they have to feed the pointy head on the other side of the table as the cutlery is too long to reach their own mouth.

so my plan is this...

we bump the other members of the households off and that means they starve to death.

18 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Indeed.  There’s not even the faintest smell of ancestor spirit or bound daemon of which to speak of.

and they even mock the hammerers by making their own substandard copies of the tried and tested war hammer. 

they can’t make anything normal length can they everything is long and spindly

I bet when they eat they have to feed the pointy head on the other side of the table as the cutlery is too long to reach their own mouth.

so my plan is this...

we bump the other members of the households off and that means they starve to death.

I say we bribe/enslave the local  Greenskins, point them towards the elgi by saying they mocked Gorkamorka, and sacrifice any survivors to Hashut and Slaanesh!!!

• LOVE IT! 1

They turned their rocks in to mages rather than turning their mages into rock! Do their heresies against the Father of Darkness know no bounds!I

The High Guard of Azmantar and the Hammers of Gagool will march with you against these pretenders to bull worship. So swears Zarados the Inordinate, sorcerer prophet and chosen of Hashut.

4 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

They turned their rocks in to mages rather than turning their mages into rock! Do their heresies against the Father of Darkness know no bounds!I

The High Guard of Azmantar and the Hammers of Gagool will march with you against these pretenders to bull worship. So swears Zarados the Inordinate, sorcerer prophet and chosen of Hashut.

Hail brother Prophet, the dread fleet of Zhar-Ramad flies with you, as well as the pirate hordes of Zagrak da Squig Shark!!!

• LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

meh not really feeling it, they prefer when turning evil to enslave the orcs. Chaos dwarfs need to be reintroduced as a proper faction, please GW, please.

Honestly at this point I’d consider Death Duardin so long as we get some new models. The age of the knife eared pansies has gone on long enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

All the hammer-envy and futility to wrap your big heads with little minds around the concept of the mountain sprit in this discussion is quite adorable and entertaining. Carry on!

Oh mountain spirits are great, but roleplaying dwarves is also fun. I have both classic dwarf/disposesed, Chaos dwarf, and Kharadron armies, but also quite a lot of Elgi of various sorts (more DoK than high elves though I 've got a few). In this thread I'll always take the side of the dwarfs, and in this case its definitely the Chaos Dwarfs who have a new grudge for the book. I'd be all for there being a "cultural thread" for the other Aos races too though.

• Like 2

Sure, sure, that was just some RP banter. I like dwarfs myself, my next favorite after the elves. I hope we see their storyline advance too, maybe even a new line next to KO and Fyreslayers in the future. 

Edit: As someone who stayed away from AoS until his former favorite race finally showed up in a new form - my fingers are especially crossed for re-imagined Chaos Dwarfs in AoS. On the other hand .... they might end up riding unicorns are all into poems if they get the High Elf/Lumineth treatment : ) 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Sure, sure, that was just some RP banter. I like dwarfs myself and find them superior to pointy eared cone heads in every way, I'm actually punishing myself for putting elves first as we speak . I hope we see their storyline advance too, maybe even a new line next to KO and Fyreslayers in the future. 

Edit: As someone who stayed away from AoS until his former favorite race finally showed up in a new form as the Duardin- my fingers are especially crossed for re-imagined Chaos Dwarfs in AoS. On the other hand .... they might end up riding unicorns are all into poems if they get the High Elf/Lumineth treatment : ) 

Corrected for you at no charge... we're dour but kind like that. :)

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

for re-imagined Chaos Dwarfs in AoS. On the other hand .... they might end up riding unicorns are all into poems if they get the High Elf/Lumineth treatment : ) 

They've got to get past us first... and we don't cave in like the big trousered pointy ears players who were too busy sitting under their cloud of smug.. well, they always have been since day one to be fair.

sweet Valaya!!

i came out of my fortress and reach this forum in a boring day, ready to grumble about that treacherous elgi, now that they have horrible miniatures, WITH HAMMERS.

i never imagined in my wildest dream to find a thread of dawi, doing dawi things!

my heart is filled with joy! (and grudges.. always grudges)

long time dawi player here, not much in aos recently, but i still have my dawi, lot of slayers to use as Fyrecousins, not so enamoured bye our "flying" cousins but maybe at some point...

thanks for not let the Dawi pride go sullen! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grungir said:

sweet Valaya!!

i came out of my fortress and reach this forum in a boring day, ready to grumble about that treacherous elgi, now that they have horrible miniatures, WITH HAMMERS.

i never imagined in my wildest dream to find a thread of dawi, doing dawi things!

my heart is filled with joy! (and grudges.. always grudges)

long time dawi player here, not much in aos recently, but i still have my dawi, lot of slayers to use as Fyrecousins, not so enamoured bye our "flying" cousins but maybe at some point...

thanks for not let the Dawi pride go sullen! 

be they tin can dawi, Skinny dip dawi, floaty dawy or pyromaniac dawi, unlike the pointy ears we stand together... well, against pointy ears at any rate.

5 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Corrected for you at no charge... we're dour but kind like that. :)

They've got to get past us first... and we don't cave in like the big trousered pointy ears players who were too busy sitting under their cloud of smug.. well, they always have been since day one to be fair.

So you don’t consider the Kharadron part of the Duardin runt anymore? Fascinating! It’s a shame that not all of my radiant brethren are as open minded as my humble self. Once every few hundred years one can learn something from the little ones, as I always say. 

12 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

So you don’t consider the Kharadron part of the Duardin runt anymore? Fascinating! It’s a shame that not all of my radiant brethren are as open minded as my humble self. Once every few hundred years one can learn something from the little ones, as I always say. 

stop your pointy eared babble ... the floaty dwarfs were mentioned in the post above.  We love a bit of floaty dwarfs.

...see, typical high smurfs... give them a shiny new name but they never change. 🤫

I cannot believe they stole the spirits of our mountains! This is going in the book of grudges, we need to take back our mountains from these elgi!

The Baraks sign on to this venture with a sky claim to the mountain skies above the appropriated mountains and a 25 percent share of all spoils, as well as 10 percent of elgi prisoners for integration into our culture and that definitely doesn't mean indentured servitude.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sttufe said:

I cannot believe they stole the spirits of our mountains! This is going in the book of grudges, we need to take back our mountains from these elgi!

The Baraks sign on to this venture with a sky claim to the mountain skies above the appropriated mountains and a 25 percent share of all spoils, as well as 10 percent of elgi prisoners for integration into our culture and that definitely doesn't mean indentured servitude.

The Legion supports the Baraks claims, and demand control of the mountain spirits as well as the right to enslave any elgi who dare mock our god by supporting said spirits.

Just now, TheR00zle said:

The Legion supports the Baraks claims, and demand control of the mountain spirits as well as the right to enslave any elgi who dare mock our god by supporting said spirits.

agreed.  They have long ears so will be good for the placement of rings for the overseer chains.

Might be a bit fragile on the work front. ... hmmm, night be ok for food though once the Kdaai have crisped then enough,

10 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

agreed.  They have long ears so will be good for the placement of rings for the overseer chains.

Might be a bit fragile on the work front. ... hmmm, night be ok for food though once the Kdaai have crisped then enough,

One mustn't forget about the harvesting of "exotic" materials and soul sacrifices.