Mono-Khorne 2K Tournament List

Maddok

Still kicking around some lists, and would love feedback on this pair that I'm considering. I'm still focusing on taking units that have a low number of high quality attacks to benefit the most from my banner and wrath mongers. 

The primary differences here are 15 extra blood warriors vs 5 wrath mongers. I feel like my local meta will be stacked with elite and beastclaw lists soon, so the wrathmongers are very tempting. Their +1 attack aura also works very well with the mechanics I'm gaming here

List 1:

• Wrath of Khorne Blood Thirster        360
  • Blood Thirster of Insensate Rage     280
  • Blood Secrator                                    120
  • Blood Stoker                                         80
  • 10 blood warriors                               200
  • Soul Grinder                                        280
  • Soul Grinder                                        280
  • Total:                                                    2000

List 2:

• Wrath of Khorne Blood Thirster         360
  • Blood Thirster of Insensate Rage      280
  • Blood Secrator                                     120
  • Blood Stoker                                          80
  • 10 blood warriors                                200
  • 5 blood warriors                                  100
  • 5 blood warriors                                  100
  • 5 Wrathmongers                                  180
  • Soul Grinder                                         280
  • Soul Grinder                                         280
  • Total:                                                      1980

So they're pure theory hammer other than one game right now, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

They have 2 different attack profiles with very high quality low number attacks. those benefit the most from my banner and wrathmongers giving +1 attack to each weapon.

I also like that they're pretty fast,and even more importantly that they have decent shooting, something that's tough to get into my list. I don't think soul grinders are great without buffs,but with +2 attacks to each weapon I watched one utterly rip a storm cast army to shreds today.

Overall I agree with the assessment that 30 blood warriors is MUCH better. I wish I could get an additional attack from the wrathmongers but maybe I try to work another banner in somehow instead. 

Also on the grinders- If I keep them close to my thirsters, on a 5+ using the 6th command trait they get +1 to hit as well which is fantastic.

How about you take list to but take out the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage. Buff your Blood Warriors to 10 men squads, this leaves you with 80 points for an Aspiring Deathbringer for another +1 attack on your battle line.

3 hours ago, Maddok said:

So they're pure theory hammer other than one game right now, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

They have 2 different attack profiles with very high quality low number attacks. those benefit the most from my banner and wrathmongers giving +1 attack to each weapon.

I also like that they're pretty fast,and even more importantly that they have decent shooting, something that's tough to get into my list. I don't think soul grinders are great without buffs,but with +2 attacks to each weapon I watched one utterly rip a storm cast army to shreds today.

Overall I agree with the assessment that 30 blood warriors is MUCH better. I wish I could get an additional attack from the wrathmongers but maybe I try to work another banner in somehow instead. 

Also on the grinders- If I keep them close to my thirsters, on a 5+ using the 6th command trait they get +1 to hit as well which is fantastic.

the 5+ is only near the general. its been FAQ'd.

its 6+ for all other heroes outside of the generals radius.

Gotchya. In this case my WoK thirster was always within about 5 inches of every front line unit or monster

Vissah: I like where your head is at. My only 2 gripes are that 1: I wouldn't be able to use my WoK thirster's run and charge ability if I took the aspiring death bringer as my general. So no running shooting and charging soul grinders in turn 1. Also, that ability only affects mortals, so it wont fire up my grinders or my thirster, which are the ones who benefit the most from the attack boost.

I've been playing with the idea of a second bloodsecrator recently, since there isn't an FAQ that ive seen yet that says they don't stack. So one would run forward while the first plants, then visa versa until mid game when they're both planting, dishing out +2 attacks to the army

Maddok: I know it is only mortals and yeah that is the big problem if you want to run Deamons and Soul Grinders. A first turn charge with 2 Soul Grinders is pretty brutal :D

I got a better understanding of you gameplan know. I run only mortals so far and only 1000 points so the Aspiring Deathbringer is gonna do a good job for me supporting the line.

Archived