"If the unit has 20 or more models" - starting or remaining?

Iain

Question

6 answers to this question

Cool, I thought it was that but hoped it was the other because it's more useful! Basically means you have to go 30 models to get any use from it otherwise your opponent will just pluck 1 model with an archer

Exactly! It's also one of the reasons IMO (among other conspiracy ideas) for being forced to buy units in blocks; to guarantee getting sniped isn't a problem, a player is likely to take 2 or 3 more models over 20 to protect until combat. But now is forced to pay for another 10, so might as well take the 30!

One thing to remember is that if you have a defensive buff that depends on having X models and you're on the cusp of dropping below in the combat phase, as you don't remove models until after a unit has finished doing all its attacks on you (the simultaneous attacks principle), you'll get the defensive buff for all of the attacks from that unit.

The next unit can attack you without you having the buff if you've taken casualties.

Disagree that you need 30 to make use of buffs at 20. That's is a valid way of protecting them until they get into combat. I often protect those units with other units that can "take the hit" better, and then the unit of 20 has free rain to open a can at full strength.

Extra models. Bubble wrapping with anvil unit. Watch your # of units in combat at once. attack with them first. Double charge a unit at either end to limit enemy piling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived