Converting Teclis

Thiagoma

With the initial preview to Lumineth, the biggest controversy was Teclis model. A great artwork but an "interesting" model. Sometimes photos dont do a model Justice, but sometimes... well... the model is kinda meh. So lets just assume the worse, the model bombs.

Well, but he is the big boss, he is the Light Deity, should be an impressive presence on the battlefield, so what to do?

First lets consider his traits:

A- Model has a giant Bird/Sphinx/Griffon/Monster

B- Teclis is show with his Sword and Staff

C- Base size.  We dont know that yet, but giving Alarielle base size, lets assume it is 130mm or 160mm. I personally belive it will be 160mm

With that in mind, what could be done? Here is some ideas i saw so far around the interwebz:

-The artwork puts Teclis in a position similar to the one seen in the Idoneth Eidolons.  Headswap Teclis head with the Aspect of the sea and adding the moon to the helmet would work.

-Would it be possible to remove the "sea" theme of an ediolon model to use it?  Could the Eidolon itself fit with the Sphinx on the base togheter?

-Avatar of Ynnead conversion.  Way above my skill level but i seen the idea going around.

- Put Teclis on a modified Balewind Vortex. I converted a vortex to my Elven army and looks kinda cool but not sure how to pull it of or if it would fit the base with the bird.

Also, will the monster wing be merged with the cape?

Please, share your ideas!

Edited by Thiagoma

My first thought was head swap with the Eidolons but the Teclis model has grown on me and I am generally a purist with the models for good or bad.  I made a similar comment on another thread but sometimes the way GW paint faces is odd and for elves this seems to be the case most of the time. I remember when they showed the Kurnothi elves for underworlds and the faces looked odd but once I had them they looked a lot better in person. 

I might end up getting 2 Teclis models and converting one and keeping the other standard but will see!

Eidolon head and weapon swap was my default thought. 
Not too sure what to do about the water cape, could potentially fill all the watery parts and turn it into a big flat cloak. It would be a pain to paint nicely but you could do some crazy freehand on it.  Perhaps you could blend the cloak/wave thing into the sphinx's wing? 
you could probably get away with just replacing Teclis' legs and reposing the arms. The pants seem to be one of the worst aspects of the miniature. 

I'd have to read the lore on the monster a bit to make a decision there, but could probably get away with literally any other monster head. Stormcast Tauralon could make a good sphinx replacement or maybe the Lord Aquila hypogryph. Perhaps maybe slap some wings on the chaos Sphiranx. Or maybe just put the Sphiranx head on Teclis's kitty. Depends on the size a bit. 

That being said, converting these large models get's pretty expensive if you need to buy 2 or more $100+ kits to make it happen.