Akward Points

Redmanphill

So having decided to try out the points system finally I sat down with what might be a forthcoming army for me: the Ironjawz. I started making out a list and then I realised how hard it is to come in close to two thousand. I am aware it is possible but in doing that I would be missing out on a lot of units that I want to take.  Have GW missed a trick by not making items/traits have a cost so that we can squeeze in something for the last few points remaining, 60 points in my case!

40 'Ardboyz
10 Brutes
6 Gore Gruntas
Warchanter
Megaboss
Weirdnob Shaman
Ironfist formation
Weirdfist formation

Also the army seems remarkably small.  Are these units, the 'Ardboys will be spilt into two units, too big?

Being short those points can give you a roll on the Triumph table...if your opponent isn't lower :)

I kinda like how they priced everything, in particular with Ironjawz. It's so easy to swap units out!

HINT: I think they got the points swapped backwards for the Weirdnob and Warchanter, one is WAY more valuable :)

As everything is in blocks of 20 points, rather than thinking you are 60 points short, instead think of it as being 3 "blocks" short. 1940 points is fine for a 2000 point list, and the plus side is you'll usually get to roll on the Triumph Table for each battle.

Archived