Blue Scribes Using opponent's spells

fartsocks

Question

The Blue Scribes can learn spells that have been cast, and then cast them themselves. It doesn't specify it has to be a spell cast by one of your own army, so could you potentially learn a summoning spell cast by the opposition, and summon some of their guys?

Roll a dice each time a Wizard within 18" of the Blue Scribes successfully casts a spell (whether or not it is unbound); on a 4 or more the Blue Scribes learn that spell and can attempt to cast it in subsequent turns.

8 answers to this question

Ah, I meant you'd have to pay for what you summoned.

My read would be that you could 'steal' stuff from other factions in this way because your list/alliance/allegiance stuff is all worked out pre-game.

Also fits with the 'total proficiency, zero understanding' fluff for the scribes.

I may have missed something though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Agreed - in matched play you couldn't as they'd not be in the same Grand Alliance as you :D

Your allegiance, etc, is based on your deployed army. Nothing stopping you from summoning something outside it if you have the ability (like this particular instance).

Just now, rokapoke said:

Your allegiance, etc, is based on your deployed army. Nothing stopping you from summoning something outside it if you have the ability (like this particular instance).

It's been clarified in the GHb FAQs that they must belong to the same Grand Alliance.  That's only for matched play though so if you're playing another style then no restrictions at all! (well other than you having the models etc).

SummoningAleganceFAQ.JPG

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

It's been clarified in the GHb FAQs that they must belong to the same Grand Alliance.  That's only for matched play though so if you're playing another style then no restrictions at all! (well other than you having the models etc).

SummoningAleganceFAQ.JPG

Thanks for the correction -- I never paid any attention because I haven't used reinforcement points. Maybe I'll actually read the FAQ before answering next time...

14 hours ago, rokapoke said:

Thanks for the correction -- I never paid any attention because I haven't used reinforcement points. Maybe I'll actually read the FAQ before answering next time...

Lol, no worries - did the same myself the other day on picking the allegiance traits :P  AoS games tend to be pretty relaxed anyway, it's only when you start going into the formal tournaments that you need to be a bit more careful

Archived