Starter Set Stairs

KhaosSpawn

So yep, I stupidly followed the instructions and glued the bell tower and ruined statue head together completely. Stairs and all. 😅

They're well and truly set so I'm thinking of leaving them as-is and just using something else for reconfigurable stairs on other terrain.

Anyone got a line on anything suitable or other bright ideas?

WarCry - Starter Set Stairs - Oops.jpg

Edit: Here's a summary of some potential solutions:

1. Buy a new starter set. PROS: HEAPS of spare stuff, rules, board, terrain, warbands, etc. CONS: Expensive.
  2. Buy Azyrite Ruined Chapel. PROS: Extra terrain. CONS: No statue head.
  3. Buy individual sprues off eBay. PROS: Relatively inexpensive. Extra terrain.
  4. Find a suitable 28/32mm stairs/ladder and get it 3D printed from Thingiverse or Etsy etc. PROS: Inexpensive. CONS: More effort. Might look out-of-place.
  5. Make your own 3D model and print it. PROS: Inexpensive. Custom awesomeness. CONS: Significantly more effort.
Edited by KhaosSpawn
Summarised potential solutions.

2 hours ago, KhaosSpawn said:

Pretty sure they're on there for good. I'm a fastidious gluer and tend to cover all mating surfaces. Normally a good thing, but this time my down-fall. 🙃

Yeah, I'll pick up another set if I can't think of anything faster/cheaper/cooler.

The Azyrite Ruined Chapel has the Bell and one set of steps for a cheaper price than a new starter box.

Plastic Glue or CA? If it's the latter, you might be able to pull apart without too much trouble (there's still cleanup)

• Thanks 1

Etsy's a great idea!! I had been looking at some 3D models to get printed, but Etsy is essentially this in one step.

As it turns out, I ended up getting lazy and just buying these two sprues off eBay. I will update the main post with a summary of ideas in case anyone else has the same problem.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, recoilia said:

wait a minute. that's not how there supposed to go together?

They're not supposed to be glued so that they can be configured in multiple ways.

The terrain cards have multiple set-ups which don't have the stairs, platform, or end balustrade attached. For example, see the terrain card pic here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/warcry-3-ways-to-playgw-homepage-post-1/

It has the bell tower without stairs and the ruined statue head attached to 2 sets of stair with, I presume, no balustrade.

Edited by KhaosSpawn
Expand on example.