Which Battletomes and Start Collecting boxes are next?

Iain

Which factions do you think will be next to have Battletomes and/or Start Collecting boxes? I really want to do some flavour of Aelves, but don't really want to get a bunch of models if they're about to be repacked with the right bases and big discounts. Are they sticking to races that have all-plastic kits for the battletomes - which would mean Wanderers is waaaay off? Are they dragging the repacks/battletomes out for the next few years?

From the read of things the getting started box sets are here to stay.  They feature as one of the "successes" in the recent financial report so think we can expect to see them continuing in the current format.  As for what's next - who knows :P as said, the rumour mill has suggested that it's steamhead duardin and something death related, but until something is released/leaked there's a fair bit of guesswork.

At the Open Day over the weekend it was hinted that everything with an entry in a grand alliance book will receive some love at some point and I guess that we're going to see a mixture of re-imagined (think Flesh-eaters) and re-worked (think Ironjawz) across the various factions.  Nobody really knows how the Season of War is going to influence things either, with Death making as big an impact as they did we may see a Death release sooner than expected

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Nobody really knows how the Season of War is going to influence things either, with Death making as big an impact as they did we may see a Death release sooner than expected

I don't know that I would call the small slice that was deaths contribution as a big impact.

17 minutes ago, Thesockra said:

I don't know that I would call the small slice that was deaths contribution as a big impact.

Think it's relative - they were the controlling GA up at Warhammer World for best part of the who season of war which is more likely to have made an impression than a store off the beaten track

14 minutes ago, Dez said:

I think if they release a Bonesplitterz Start Collection I won't be able to help myself. I'll also paint them all wearing bikinis.

Shouldn't find that quite as amusing as I do...

Since it's supposed to be the "Year of Tzeentch", I'm expecting Arcanites before the end of the year.

Ironweld Arsonal and Phoenix Temple, but next year. If they do these before the end of the year though (like next month), I am calling them out for rigging the Season of War.

I hope they don't give us Steamhead Duardin yet. If precedence means anything, the old Dwarfs, Wood Elves, and Dark Elves (Dispossessed, Wanderers, Darkling Covens) aren't going to get an update, and may actually be on track to be phased out of AoS ala Bretonnia someday. I'll guess Wanderers are due up, but only when we actually start diving into a realm other than Life (Likely Beasts, but not Life since they need somewhere to be wandering in).

Start Collecting Boxes: Pair of Something Order and Something Chaos. Tzeentch, since it's YoT, and Duardin so we can get a good Metal related showdown.

54 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Think it's relative - they were the controlling GA up at Warhammer World for best part of the who season of war which is more likely to have made an impression than a store off the beaten track

As much as I want GA: Death to start having more of an impact on the setting (not to mention more releases) I would be extremely disappointing if this were the case.

The whole point of the Season of War campaign was that the AoS community at large could have an impact on the future of the game.  In my opinion it would be a serious breach of trust, if additional weight was given to any players actions just because they were able to make it to Warhammer World.  I for one would be much less motivated to participate in future campaigns if that level of emphasis was placed on one store out of the hundreds or thousands of participating.

1 minute ago, MechaBriZilla said:

As much as I want GA: Death to start having more of an impact on the setting (not to mention more releases) I would be extremely disappointing if this were the case.

The whole point of the Season of War campaign was that the AoS community at large could have an impact on the future of the game.  In my opinion it would be a serious breach of trust, if additional weight was given to any players actions just because they were able to make it to Warhammer World.  I for one would be much less motivated to participate in future campaigns if that level of emphasis was placed on one store out of the hundreds or thousands of participating.

Oh, I completely agree and don't envisage them giving more emphasis on the WHW store than another (I'd be quite annoyed if they did that too).
However I'm fairly sure that they've been surprised at how dominating Death has been there.  Considering the WHW store likely has had one of the highest participation rates going, for Death to have control there shows a massive amount of support.

22 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Oh, I completely agree and don't envisage them giving more emphasis on the WHW store than another (I'd be quite annoyed if they did that too).
However I'm fairly sure that they've been surprised at how dominating Death has been there.  Considering the WHW store likely has had one of the highest participation rates going, for Death to have control there shows a massive amount of support.

Yes, they may have a massive amount of support at one of the highest participation stores, but the fact they only managed third place in one city, and even then were behind order and chaos by a very large margin, shows that overall they have fairly little support.

My store had a very large retinue of destruction players, allowing it to stay even with chaos and order until the last week, but because I kept an eye on overall city scores I could not maintain the illusion that they were a major player.

6 minutes ago, Thesockra said:

Yes, they may have a massive amount of support at one of the highest participation stores, but the fact they only managed third place in one city, and even then were behind order and chaos by a very large margin, shows that overall they have fairly little support.

I don't necessarily think that looking at the campaign results is a good way at reflecting the actual support for each army.  Because you could only register painting votes and wins, we don't know how many existing painted armies participated (or lost).  That said it's likely that Death may well be low on the support list because they're not new and shiny.

Seeing how GW tend to deal with things I would imagine that they'll take lots of different factors into account to shape the future.  One thing I did hear a month or so ago is that they may actually bolster the losing sides more than the winners.  It's actually possible that GW didn't even think about what they might do until this week!

Archived