Heal a number of wounds, or return a number of slain models

gronnelg

Question

3 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

If you can heal up to three wounds, or return a number of slain models with a combined wounds characteristic of 3 wounds or less, then you can only return 1 model with two wounds, right? E.g. Arkhans ability.

I don't know the exact wording of Arkhan, but for Emerald Lifeswarm, this is what I read from it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, usually those abilities worded the way you can either return models with full wounds or heal wounds allocated, but never both. Like you can't heal a Black Knight that had 1 wound allocated to him and ressurect another one with 1 use of Arkhan's ability.

On 12/24/2019 at 7:33 AM, XReN said:

Yes, usually those abilities worded the way you can either return models with full wounds or heal wounds allocated, but never both. Like you can't heal a Black Knight that had 1 wound allocated to him and ressurect another one with 1 use of Arkhan's ability.

Indeed - which makes multi-wounds models so much trickier to deal with if you can heal/return D3  worth of wounds instead of flat 3 (very common across many Death armies). Say, units containing 1-wound models are probably your best pick when leveraging a "regular" Deathly Invocation (D3 back), but if you are returing flat 3 (e.g. via Arkhan), I'd consider Spirit Hosts instead (3 wounds / model).