Just saying hi!

Attackmack

Last i visited here was when I delved into Shadespire. But many years of wanting to collect and paint just about every game on the market, while still keeping a regular life running kind of burned me out on the hobby. I ended up selling off a lot and more or less leaving the hobby altogether.

well, for whatever reason Warcry hits all the marks for me and seems like a game i can actually manage and even get a few games in now and then. It wont require exstensive storing space or money/time investment and seems easy enough to learn i think i might even get to play it once in a while :)

So just dropping in to say hello, looking forward to being part of the community again!

• Like 4

Welcome back @Attackmack, which faction(s) are striking your fancy? Despite a rapid flurry of activity when the game first launched this forum has died down a bit lately so we could use some fresh blood like yourself to keep these topics going. 

Edited by Lior'Lec
Fixing autocorrect’s misspelling

3 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

Welcome back @Attackmack, which faction(s) are striking your fancy? Disputes a rapid flurry of activity when the game first launched this forum has died down a bit lately so we could use some fresh blood like yourself to keep these topics going. 

Release always spike interest, but warcry never caught my attention until i watched a batrep on YT the other week. And i was hooked!

The Iron Golems from the starter was initially my interest but after putting the models together I softened up a lot to The Untamed Beasts as well. Beautiful minis!

as for the other bands, The Unmade is really interesting as is the two undead warbands.

first of all i want the core box assembled and painted and ill go from there :) ihave a few plans for a tabletop setup but i dont want to start too much as once

I think you’ve made the right choice! I don’t have a gaming club but I’ve been able to convince some relatives to start warbands, which I’ve never been able to do with AoS and other more rules heavy systems. A quick demo was all it took, even for non wargamers. It’s perfect for casual play, but you can still go pretty deep in the narrative and hobby side if you so choose!

9 hours ago, Moldek said:

I think you’ve made the right choice! I don’t have a gaming club but I’ve been able to convince some relatives to start warbands, which I’ve never been able to do with AoS and other more rules heavy systems. A quick demo was all it took, even for non wargamers. It’s perfect for casual play, but you can still go pretty deep in the narrative and hobby side if you so choose!

I think so!

I have gotten my core set completely assembled and the first thing to paint will be the terrain, but unlikely ill get it started on yet for a week or two. Im gonna keep it simple to not stall my interest but im looking forward to hopefully get a few first games played next weekend or the one after that :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome!

I find myself mostly playing Warcry these days myself, although I'm working on my mawtribes. It's also the first GW game I've gotten my girlfriend to play.

I find warcry is quick enough to fit in a few games at a time, and at least with my group, a bit more laid back than AoS or 40k. I often find myself opting for more "fun" options than strictly competitive.

Also I'm finding the new releases pretty exciting, the new monsters are super cool, and I can't wait to see the last warband.

15 hours ago, Shearl said:

Welcome!

I find myself mostly playing Warcry these days myself, although I'm working on my mawtribes. It's also the first GW game I've gotten my girlfriend to play.

I find warcry is quick enough to fit in a few games at a time, and at least with my group, a bit more laid back than AoS or 40k. I often find myself opting for more "fun" options than strictly competitive.

Also I'm finding the new releases pretty exciting, the new monsters are super cool, and I can't wait to see the last warband.

I too prefer a more laid back gaming, I just dont have the time to invest in anything else. Thats why Warcry feels perfect as it limits the requirements for just about everything into a frame I can handle! And the models (most of em) is superb and fun to paint knowing I wont have to do dozens upon dozens of them!

Got my Iron golems finished this week and will begin on the untamed beasts soon enough, then move on to the terrain!

• Like 1